HHS EMFTHE PUBLIC COMMENT FORUM
The people. The questions. The public record.An independent RF Safe project
Forum index › All threadsLatest posting day

THE LATEST SUBMISSIONS

All comment threads

1269 original comments · Newest first

Browse topics
Read full comments below. More load as you scroll.
Posted 2026-09-21#0110 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports repeated sleep improvements after disabling Wi-Fi and further perceived benefits af…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
My first experience with negative EMF effects started in my early 40's, when I moved into a new residence and shortly thereafter noticed major insomnia. After 3 months or so, I came across inforamtion referring tothe EMF as a potential cause. On a whim, as I had nothing to lose, I implemented one step. To unplug my Wifi Router at night. That same night I slept very soundly . Surprised I tried it agan the following 2 nights. Same results. Then purposely did not unplug the next coule nights, insomnia returned. That simple N=1 was all I needed. I now turn off the Wifi every night. The I graduated to have the wireless ( Smart Meter) removed. More improvements. Needless to say, I have read all I can and done what is feasible and practical to avoid and or block Non-native EMF exposure.
Posted 2026-09-21#0109 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter supports HHS research and consideration of reported effects while expressing distrust of go…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
As a concerned citizen who seems to have been affected by EMFs, I support HHS taking an active role in examining its potential health and environmental consequences. . Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies that are not corrupt and that have appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Since covid I do not really trust any government agency to work in the public interest. But, what the heck, give it a shot. No, not that kind of shot. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Posted 2026-09-21#0108 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports symptom changes after moving a satellite dish and discontinuing a smartwatch, and r…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Wireless radiation poisoning or whatever it's called is VERY REAL for me - I had a left arm aches and headaches - when I had my satellite dish removed from my roof and put about 20' from the house and at least 60' away from my bedroom my left arm stopped aching and my headaches greatly diminished. I tried a smart watch for awhile and the same thing - my left arm would ache and I had extreme headaches - when I stopped wearing it my left arm stopped hurting (I wore it on my left wrist) and headaches diminished. I cannot work with my computer on my lap, my whole body feels aggravated - as soon as I remove the computer from my lap or stomach my body calms down. I wish out town would ban all towers - sensitivity and EMF 'poisoning' IS REAL.
Posted 2026-09-21#0107 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter describes leaving firefighting after symptoms, a mother's brain-cancer death and subsequent…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Manmade electromagnetic radiation exposure has radically altered the trajectory of my life. In the early 2010s, I achieved my dream career of a firefighter-paramedic. Paradoxically, my health began to suffer. This seemed strange to me as I was young, healthy, and eating an extremely healthy paleo diet and working out daily. But brain fog, skin rashes, eye fatigue, ringing in my ears and aches/pains became the new norm for me. Firefighting can be a high-stress job, but that alone didn't account for my symptoms. Doctors had no answers for me. My performance on the job, and as a husband and father back home, began to suffer. Eventually, I saw the writing on the wall and left that career that had been acquired at such a dear cost. It was a heartbreaking decision but I thought it the best thing for me and my family long-term. Unexpectedly, my symptoms began to improve with no interventions besides leaving the firefighting lifestyle behind. This was the dawn of the podcast era, and on health-focused podcasts, I began to hear a bit about "EMF" both natural and artificial, and the research on their impacts on human health. Several things began to click for me as I researched the topic further. #1 The firefighting world exposed me to a variety of very powerful manmade EMF sources, primarily radio frequency, or "wireless" communications of walkie-talkies, cell phones, pagers, and supporing equipment within the forestation. #2 The firefighting world, by frequently keeping me up during the night, was disrupting my circadian rhythm, and reducing my ability to rest and recover. Armed with this new understanding of the world, I recovered quickly, and took steps within my home to protect my family from EMF. Not long after, my mother was diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive form of brain cancer. She passed within 8-months. It was an incredibly difficult few years around her passing. However, in thinking about how she used technology, I saw a link to her cancer. For example, she was incredibly social, and had many friends. As a result she used her cell phone multiple hours every day. Her tumor was on the same side of her head that she held her phone up to. As the dust settled around her passing, I realized there was a significant lack of awareness in the world about EMF exposure. I felt compelled to do something about it, so that others might avoid the pain I had experienced in losing a treasured career, and loved one. I discovered people were doing this work in the world, through the Building Biology Institute. I signed up for their training and In just a few short years, I had become certified and began working with clients to uncover the EMF exposures in their homes, coaching them through practical remediations to reduce their exposures. My work as a Building Biologist is incredibly rewarding. It is also an uphill battle as slick marketing, tech creep, and biased research dilute the links between human made EMF and health. Technology does wonderful things for us, but not without a biological cost. The public needs to be made aware of this, so that they can make informed choices on their exposures to EMF. Here are several ways the government could help accelerate this change: #1 Stop the revolving door between Big Wireless and regulation bodies like the FCC. #2 The FCC must update their 1996 exposure guidelines without industry influence. Greater exposure protection for sensitive populations like children and pregnant mothers should the minimum outcome. #3 The precautionary principle should be the starting point for technologies that use electromagnetic forces to function. Industry must provide a reasonable degree of safety and assurance prior to rolling out new products.
Posted 2026-09-21#0106 · Permanent link ↗

A retired nurse practitioner reports improvement in vertigo and brain fog after adopting Ethernet and shi…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public, and as a retired Nurse Practitioner. I have been personally affected by 5G wireless radiation in my home, and it took me many months before I realized I was having symptoms resulting from my exposure to it. I began having vertigo, low grade nausea, and felt as if my balance was somehow off, often requiring me to spend a great deal of the time horizontal, the only thing that seemed to relieve these very uncomfortable symptoms. I also felt that I could not think clearly, a symptom often described as "brain fog." An alternative medical practitioner advised me that these symptoms could be related to EMF exposure, so I had our computers hardwired with ethernet cables, thus eliminating wireless exposure in our home. This almost immediately gave me relief from these symptoms, and we have continued to use ethernet exclusively in our home. We also placed a Faraday cage around our "Smart Meter", as we were unable to have this EMF transmitting device removed. This has essentially eliminated the problem. I support people affected by wireless radiation and believe HHS should address this issue, which I am certain affects a significant number of people. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Posted 2026-09-21#0105 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter distinguishes compliance testing from long-term biological safety and requests independent …

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment because the United States needs to stop confusing regulatory compliance with proof of biological safety. A wireless device can “pass” an RF exposure test under specified laboratory conditions and still leave unanswered the real public-health question: what happens to living tissue after years or decades of real-world exposure? Real life does not resemble a single-device laboratory test. Children, adults and pets are surrounded by phones, Wi-Fi routers, tablets, laptops, Bluetooth devices, wearables, smart appliances and nearby antennas, often operating simultaneously and for many hours every day. Current standards do not adequately reflect chronic, cumulative, real-world exposure. Exposure changes with distance, signal strength, device position, frequency, modulation, data transmission and the number of sources present. Yet our regulatory framework has relied heavily on specific absorption rate and power-density limits rather than long-term biological monitoring of actual populations. The question should not simply be, “Does this device stay below a SAR limit?” It should be, “What happens biologically to cells, tissues, organs and developing nervous systems under realistic exposure conditions?” HHS should independently investigate oxidative stress, cellular signaling, DNA damage, reproductive effects, neurological effects, sleep, development, endocrine effects and cancer. Absence of substantial heating should never be treated as automatic proof that there are no biological effects. Children deserve special attention. They are not small adults. Their bodies and nervous systems are still developing, and today’s children may experience wireless exposure from infancy through an entire lifetime. Yet the long-term evidence for lifelong exposure beginning in childhood remains limited. That is a serious knowledge gap, not reassurance. Animals and the environment also deserve attention. Pets spend long periods inside homes near routers and wireless devices. Wildlife, insects, birds and plants are now exposed to an increasingly dense RF environment. The evidence is incomplete and sometimes inconsistent, but that is precisely why rigorous independent research is needed. The National Toxicology Program reported cancer findings in RF-exposed animals, including malignant heart schwannomas in male rats and some evidence of malignant gliomas. Human studies have produced mixed results. These differences should not be used to declare the issue settled in either direction. “Not conclusively proven harmful” is not the same thing as “proven safe.” The regulatory process itself also deserves scrutiny. In 2021, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit found that the FCC had not adequately explained why its RF exposure limits protected against harmful non-cancer effects and had not sufficiently addressed evidence involving long-term exposure, children and environmental effects. A communications regulator should not be the final authority on complex questions of toxicology, developmental biology, neurology and public health. Other countries have taken more precautionary approaches. Switzerland applies lower precautionary limits at certain sensitive locations, and France conducts post-market SAR testing of phones. The United States should not assume that decades-old limits remain adequate simply because they are familiar. HHS should establish a truly independent research program with transparent funding and strict conflict-of-interest protections. Research should examine chronic and cumulative exposure, multiple simultaneous sources, direct body contact, pregnancy, children, pets, vulnerable populations, modern 4G/5G/Wi-Fi technologies, and biological outcomes at the cellular, tissue, organ and whole-body levels. Public confidence cannot rest on assurances from agencies or industries. It must rest on independent science, transparent data, reproducible findings and standards that reflect how people actually live. A compliance test is not a safety study. HHS has an opportunity to replace assumptions with modern, real-world health research and to protect children, families, animals and the environment using evidence that reflects actual exposure.
Posted 2026-09-21#0104 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports meningioma, migraines, stray electricity affecting horses and illnesses among neigh…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
In 2017 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor called a meningioma brain tumor. These are brain tumors that are known to be caused from exposure to x-rays, and that type of magnetic energy field. Leading up to the diagnosis of my brain tumor my family and I moved into a new home and I began to experience excruciating migraines. I was hospitalized sometimes for days with a diagnosis of clustered migraines. In addition to moving, we purchased some property behind us and brought my horses home to live with us after they had been living at a boarding facility for years. That winter, my horses refused to drink from their water troughs due to electric shock. After several troubleshooting methods and contacting different electricians, we were told that we had “Dirty Electric electricity on our property “we contacted Ameren who admitted that the issue was from the electrical poles in the backyard, emitting electricity. This began a five year ordeal. Eventually, we sold the home and moved, and I have recovered to the most possible. Although we tried to sue and were told that we had a very strong Case from different attorneys we were also told that they would refuse to take the case because Ameren UE was such a large company that they would bankrupt the firm before we could ever settle. After building my new home Ameren ue came back and installed a meter on my new barn. This is not the America that we used to know. We now live in an America where big corporations can do anything they want to you with no recourse. This is my story, but it’s not the whole story. Every single Neighbor, experienced cancer, MS, lupus, childhood cancer, and some form of a very serious illness. What a much better America we would have if we could just have some regulations. I have tons of pictures of Ameren Yui coming to my farm and digging up my property and trying to install a grid system to take the dirty electricity out of the air and into the ground. To this day, I still do not have any kind of apology or am I has never tried to financially make their wrong right. Thank you for fighting the good fight. Sincerely, Carrie Marschuetz of Hillsboro, Missouri
Posted 2026-09-21#0103 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports ear buzzing personally and among children near towers and opposes additional tower …

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I hear buzzing in my ears when I come back i to town. After being all day out where there is no towers. I hear buzz my children too. i moved away from towers just to find more being put in stop this unnecessary tower building
Posted 2026-09-21#0102 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter raises road-safety concerns about intense and flickering LED headlights, distinguishing gla…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
My comment is specific to EMF and also visible light emitted by LED headlights. Recent automotive LED headlights in some cases flicker and are ultra-bright, and intensive which although may not cause direct damage through EMF emissions, the temporary BLINDNESS they cause pedestrians and other drivers can cause immediate danger. This is not a matter of mis-adjusted headlights but of properly adjusted headlights that are just too intense.
Posted 2026-09-21#0101 · Permanent link ↗

A commenter identifying as a physician reports leaving practice and relocating after symptoms near teleco…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am responding to the HHS inquiry about non native emf exposure which is a major health concern. I am a doctor who had to give up a beautiful new office, and end my practice in medicine due to high Electro Magnetic exposure. An Intel company (century link) installed a residential hub next to my office. My walls were hot, vibrating, patients were dizzy, I suffered severe headaches, vomiting and dizziness until i collapsed. I thought I had a heart attack but apparently it was a racing heart that caused a spasm in my cardiac tissue. The pain surrounding my chest was sore to the touch. Being a doctor I stared to put things together. We had the office tested for electro magnetic stress and the meters screamed ! Every meter got maxed out. So I made the decision to leave my newly renovated office, of course not easy. I was harassed by the rental company, but when something like thins happen you don’t care. It was my life or an office. I choose my life. I was laughed at by the rental company, I was mocked by colleagues, but again I didn’t care, my life and the health of my patients was more important. I had to pay fees and forfeit my deposits, leave behind all my updates and even though I begged them not to rent the place again, they did! With no regard to my findings. These hubs should not be within 1000 feet of another business but in my case this residential hub with hundreds and hundreds of modems was just a Sheetrock away. Since this event I practiced from my home and eventually decided I wasn’t well enough to practice medicine at all anymore. I sold my home and have devoted all my time to study this new toxin. I choose to get out of the city and move to the mountains. I am healing and I am learning more about what a dangerous toxin non native EMFs are to our health, the planet, plants and animals. Electro magnetic stress can even make candles burn faster meaning something unfavorable has changed in the air. We have plenty of studies showing how these frequencies kill cells and make our mitochondria sick. We know it raises blood sugar, we know it can cause cancer. Why are we not doing anything about it? Because of who holds the money! There is also plenty of research that we can harmonize these energies, why not use good frequencies that can restore the body, bring peace and calm and even help plants grow! We know how to do this! Why is it not happening! We need to take a look at EMFs from lighting, towers, phones, computers, electronics, baby monitors, electric cars, Starlink, the golden dome ! Hello ! Soon there will be no place on earth to find sanctuary in nature. No corner to the earth left without these chaotic frequencies. Maybe under ground will be the only place left, I think our children are a big target and they suffer the most since their brain have no fully developed. We have so many odd things we see as doctors nowadays, so many toxins we breathe, drink, eat and are injected with. Now we have to worry about a toxin we can’t see, smell or hear. Non native EMFs!

10 comments displayed. More load as you scroll.

These are separate official submissions grouped by topic. A comment can appear in more than one board.