HHS EMFTHE PUBLIC COMMENT FORUM
The people. The questions. The public record.An independent RF Safe project
Forum index › All threadsLatest posting day

THE LATEST SUBMISSIONS

All comment threads

1269 original comments · Newest first

Browse topics
Read full comments below. More load as you scroll.
Posted 2026-09-21#0120 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter describes longstanding sensitivity, specific symptoms and housing difficulties, notes other…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I have been sensitive to EMF for about ten years. I have very specific, severe symptoms when too close to a router (especially the newer ones), microwave, smart meters. I have spinal cord damage and once experienced a serious electric shock and my neurologist says these may explain my sensitivity. I have other health issues (age 75) and do not attribute them to sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation. I am careful not to misattribute. I can prove objectively that my sensitivity is real. For instance, I can locate a router on the floor in the apartment above me. If they put it on a table, I am okay. Visiting a friend, I started having symptoms, and asked if there was a router nearby and there was. I use a wired keyboard and mouse and can use a computer that way, though after a few hours I will have burning sensations in my hands. I have an IPhone 8 and keep cellular date, wifi and bluetooth off unless I need to check GPS or texts once/day. My first symptoms, oddly are cramps, a kind of cramps I don't get with any other trigger. In fact all my EHS symptoms are specific to that problem. The cramps are followed by burning sensations, chills throughout my body, chest pressure and adrenal surges.This can last days in some cases. Sensitivity appears to be cumulative (rain barrell effect) and I try to avoid getting worse. I have trouble finding housing. Cell phones on subways are starting to be an issue. But housing is the hardest since I am a renter in apartment buildings.
Posted 2026-09-21#0119 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter describes family symptoms across several homes and perceived improvement with relocation, m…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of an exposed person, parent, and concerned member of the public. My daughters and I have reactions to EMF radiation. Near 2019 the first smart meter was installed on our house in Tobyhanna PA. it was mounted on the outside wall of my daughters' bedroom, and near my own bedroom. My daughter and I started having trouble sleeping. She was moving around a lot at night, waking up from nightmares and crying in her sleep. She also went back to having accidents even though she was well past potty training. My other daughter started having headaches and previously had not had headaches. I started having lots of night sweats, nightmares, my feet would turn red and burn, the flesh would feel hot to the touch. Over time the burning spread to my hands too, they would turn red and then start turning purple. In time this discoloration spread farther up my legs and arms. As much as possible I did NOT wear shoes because encapsulating my feet intensified the burning. I couldn't sleep with a blanket over my feet for the same reason. I stared sleeping with an ice pack on my feet but once it got warmed I couldn't sleep because of the intense burning. I had an increase in migraines, and trouble breathing. We bought a cover for the smart meter and this helped with the symptoms that effected our sleep. I went on a very strict diet that also seemed to help. February 2021 we moved to Springville PA it has a small spread out population. At this new house the smart meter was on the garage on the opposite end of the house from the bedrooms and symptoms died off even more. The only days I had much burning was when I would be in town a few hours on errands or visiting friends. We got a new neighbor and I started having trouble sleeping again, I told my husband, "Something has changed" that I was having night sweats and nightmares. We soon found that there was a new wireless internet account. We have moved again and like in Mehoopany PA a small town and some symptoms have come back being so close to peoples wireless internet, smart meters, and 5G towers. We went back to having wired internet because of the negative effects had on all 4 of our sleep. There have been times when I was in a new area and thought there must be a 5G tower near by because I will immediately get a surging migraine or the burning will start or intensify, and then I see a tower. When we have visited family in Chesapeake, VA my one daughter throws up and gets bloody noses, and my other daughter and I become congested and nauseated, and I have trouble breathing. Other symptoms that we think come from EMF's are vertigo, ear ringing, feeling of being stabbed all over with pins, numbness, intestinal pains, diarrhea, feelings of agitation or anxiety. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Posted 2026-09-21#0118 · Permanent link ↗

A family physician reports personal sleep changes and patient sensitivity, cites proposed mechanisms and …

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am a Family Physician practicing and licensed in Illinois with 38 years of experience. Personally, I notice that if my wifi router is on, I do not sleep as well so I have to turn it off at night. Since a smart meter was installed at our home I also notice my sleep has been worse. We were never notified when the smart meter was installed nor given the option to opt out. I have treated many patients who are sensitive to EMFs and cannot be around them which leads them to lead very isolating lives. I've seen the studies that show EMFs cause an influx of calcium into cells thus depleting ATP stores. I've seen the studies showing that cell phones placed near the skull/ear increase the temperature and glucose uptake of brain cells all the way to the center of the brain, thus making them look like cancer cells. I've seen and heard neurosurgeons who report more acoustic neuromas and other brain tumors on the side where cell phones are used. Please investigate the health effects of EMFs, Wifi, Cell towers and cell phones so we can come up with safety guidelines that are reasonable. Please be aware that powerful industrial lobbyists will try to influence and subvert real scientific debate and research on these issues. The health and well being of this generation and the next few depends on what you can do to help safe guard our health from any harms imposed by EMFs.
Posted 2026-09-21#0117 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter objects to involuntary exposure, requests independent research and stricter limits, and des…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
We need to clamp down on the EMR created by private companies for their profit and not with our safety in mind. This includes involuntary exposures like smart meters, dirty electricity, and any involuntary appliance or transmitter that generates EMR. These signals are causing illnesses that cannot be proven scientifically because no one looks for or documents 'problems' when revenue loss could happen if they find them. Please tell me why we are so inundated with cell towers and transmitters regardless of whether or not we need better signals or want them. From my home I have direct views of a huge cell tower, why is it necessary to add extra transmitters to towers and on our light poles. I bought a tester and everywhere in my home it reads 'extreme' and blinks with no wireless phones installed and the router turned off. I cannot escape extreme signals. And I do not know how to protect my grandson, daughter and myself from these signals. We should be able to turn off the signals so we can sleep in peace and rest our bodies. We have no choice in the matter. There is no recourse other than moving and who can afford that, and even then, it is hard to find a safer location. There needs to be limits that are safe. There needs to be studies done to set safe limits by an unbiased group who is not 'bought' by these private companies. You wonder why cancer is exploding. This is just one of the problems that needs fixing. So, fix it. Give proper guidelines and limits based on these unbiased studies to the companies and let them figure out how to accomplish their goals without hurting citizens. WE NEED TO REDUCE CURRENT EXPOSURE BEFORE IMPLEMENTING ANY NEW TECHNOLOGY AND AT THE COMPANIES EXPENSE. TAXPAYERS CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE INCREASES FOR COMPANY PROFITS.
Posted 2026-09-21#0116 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter explicitly remains uncertain whether EMF poses a health risk and requests transparent evide…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I do not know if EMF radiation is really a health concern or not, but I want to know the facts. For too long, meaningful study of the subject has been delayed. It is time to take the blinders off, reveal the data, and make honest, best estimates of true health impacts. DHS needs to be on the side of the people, not the tech companies or the fear mongers. Just tell us the truth as best as can be done.
Posted 2026-09-21#0115 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports ear and hearing symptoms around wireless sources, uses wired connections and reques…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of an individual, a healthcare professional and a concerned member of the public I have suffered for most of my life from recurrent ear and sinus infections, more recently from Eustachian tube dysfunction and impaired hearing. It has become abundantly clear to me that my hearing is affected and Eustachian tubes feel more blocked (possibly inflamed?) when Electromagnetic Radiation is strong or heavy such as near a WiFi router, a cell tower or if using a mobile phone. My ears heat up if a mobile phone is put to my ear, which is most distressing. At my home, my computer is hardwired to reduce the radiation and I never put a mobile phone near my head. I wholeheartedly support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and it is of utmost importance to consider the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected, alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence carefully, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Posted 2026-09-21#0114 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports cardiac and sleep symptoms improving during an outage and after device removal, des…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Wi fi has ruined my life, primarily by causing afib and insomnia. My internist did every test in the book to find cause over 10 years, and could not find cause (i had many CTs and tons of blood tests) but one day we had a storm which shut down the local grid for 3 days. ALL MY SYMPTOMS DISAPPEARED. I connected the dots and did away with all smart devices and all wi fi, and am cured after 15 yesrs! But I have to live as a hermit in a basement to shield from cell tower radiation . Also I have to avoid crowds of people with smartphones on, or I will develop sever heart issues. I cannot go to church; I cannot go out to eat. I cannot fly. I developed severe tachycardia at my Aunt's funeral (from the phones) My internist confirmed the cause. I nearly died from wi fi and smart meter radiation. Note: I am Harvard educated in science and have taught science at the university level. I studied in Britain on a Marshall scholarship and taught at a university there. I was admitted to Harvard on a full fellowship. I had no symptoms prior to the introduction of radio frequency radiation. I suggest the establishment of radio frequency free zones for persons like me; we are hundreds of thousands in the US alone and millions worldwide.
Posted 2026-09-21#0113 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter describes sleep problems near wireless sources and reliance on wired devices, exposure meas…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
WiFi exposure prevents me from sleeping and my nervous system from relaxing. I learned this years ago when a woman I was dating lived in a city near a bank of WiFi towers. I'd spend weekends there and hardly slept. When she asked me to move in, I had to insist that she move into my house, as going without sleep on weekends was one thing, never sleeping would be another. Currently, I have the computers in my home hardwired, keep my cell phone on airplane mode and use the speaker when I need to use it making sure it is at least 3 feet from me. I also use antennafinder.com when choosing a new residence, and own two WiFi meters that I use to check out and find suitable housing. I have no WiFi in my house and carefully check what is coming in from outside.
Posted 2026-09-21#0112 · Permanent link ↗

A mental-health provider reports widespread sleep complaints among clients and personal reliance on disab…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
As a seasoned mental healthcare provider for 20 years, I can say without a doubt that since we got into the three than four than 5G band with Wi-Fi, nearly every single one of my clients is having issues with sleep. They can’t sleep.. they wake up, they’re all complaining of it, also most of my family members and friends are having the same complaints in the last years. Personally, I believe this is directly related to Wi-Fi. My own personal experience is that I need to turn off my phone , all devices and unplug my router at night in order to sleep normally. I also need to live in a remote area or I can’t sleep either with the constant neighborsWi-Fi on. I believe it’s adding to our chronic growing,cultural anxiety, which has also skyrocketed in tandem with the increasing Wi-Fi- as well as the vast increase insleep deprivation. I believe we need laws in place to somehow selectivelyshield and protect our population, especially the kids, from these unbelievably high frequencies that are exaggerating, us, have and affected our health in ways We don’t even realize yet.
Posted 2026-09-21#0111 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter describes disabling headaches around towers, reduced ability to work and socialize, and per…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from my personal perspective as well as that of a healthcare professional, and concerned member of the public. Wireless radiation has affected me outrageously. I can sense when we are in range of a 5G tower at about 1/2 mile because I get a debilitating headache immediately, like a vice grip at my temples. If I am driving, I have to focus desperately and usually end up nauseous for several minutes. This effect with 5G towers is consistent, and I could probably start gauging individual tower outputs by the severity of my physical response in the moment. Following the exposure, I am exhausted and left weak and slightly off balance. I struggle to go to work (and am blessed to be the owner so I can safely work at home where my exposure is much more limited). Even the home environment is a bit tricky sometimes and I will turn off the internet altogether when my husband isn’t around. Since the rollout of numerous 5G towers in our area in 2020, my health has been slowly declining and I am dealing with many other sensitivities that I feel is a result of my immune system being bombarded by wireless radiation. I escape to our remote cabin and can recover my brain and body in about a week, sleeping well, reduced inflammation, and no headaches. This is a clear comparison of my life with and without EMF radiation everywhere. I would rather live in the remote forest so I can feel alive again, but then I really miss my family, friends, employees and customers. Why should I have to live in isolation to be well mentally and physically? Please address this issue as a real health concern that can be truly debilitating for some if not most people. I should have a say in where those towers get placed, if at all, PERIOD. Put the brain trust to work designing materials and solutions that make this technology safe and allow all humans to reach their full potential as well as enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.

10 comments displayed. More load as you scroll.

These are separate official submissions grouped by topic. A comment can appear in more than one board.