AI summary & topic connections
Reports tinnitus, migraines, dizziness and sleep difficulties after moving to a home with a smart meter. Describes concern for toddlers, attempted shielding and denied opt-out requests, and asks for an analog-meter option.
- Smart meters: “nd makes it incredibly difficult to sleep or think straight. All of this from a smart meter. The utility company won't let us opt out and revert to an analog for any reason, they even went so”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “I've been experiencing issues with my hearing, ringing in the ears, having migraines and dizziness since moving into my our current home about 4yrs ago. The high pitched noise at some ”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “nd this meters attached to our living room, the main room in our home where our toddlers play all day. I tried using paint that blocks these types of waves and it barely made a dent. I hav”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “o and they were within normal range, but none of this is normal. I just want to option to choose an analog meter, not a non-transmitting meter, but an analog... I'm happy to pay the additional fee, but I'm not ev”
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “ does that help fix the problem? There has to be another way and those that are more sensitive to EMF waves, especially, should have options! The data is clear that these levels aren't safe but I have no opt”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I've been experiencing issues with my hearing, ringing in the ears, having migraines and dizziness since moving into my our current home about 4yrs ago. The high pitched noise at some points has been almost unbearable and makes it incredibly difficult to sleep or think straight. All of this from a smart meter. The utility company won't let us opt out and revert to an analog for any reason, they even went so far as to say they no longer make analog meters, but they do indeed make them still. Everyone in the home can hear the noise. We've tested it and turned off everything in the breaker box and you can hear it still, 24/7. I bought a meter to test the EMF and RF and they are off the charts in unsafe zones and this meters attached to our living room, the main room in our home where our toddlers play all day. I tried using paint that blocks these types of waves and it barely made a dent. I have hearing loss and can barely hear my toddlers in the backseat, rining in my ears and it all started within weeks of moving into this house with the smart meter. I even had my ears checked a couple months ago and they were within normal range, but none of this is normal. I just want to option to choose an analog meter, not a non-transmitting meter, but an analog... I'm happy to pay the additional fee, but I'm not even given an option. The doctor I saw about my hearing offered therapy to help me learn how to ignore the high pitched noise... How does that help fix the problem? There has to be another way and those that are more sensitive to EMF waves, especially, should have options! The data is clear that these levels aren't safe but I have no options for dealing with this issue. PLEASE HELP US!!! I have videos I can share about the meter and how high the levels are but it says it's too large to upload.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.