AI summary & topic connections
Reports disabling symptoms attributed to devices, barriers to work and care, and harmful experiences with compulsory psychiatric treatment. Requests thorough differential assessment, exposure research, symptom reporting and low-exposure accommodations.
- Housing, work & access barriers: “e, confusion, extreme tiredness, and sleep problems. These symptoms can make it hard to work, use a computer, travel, get medical care, and participate in the community. When I tried to expla”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “izziness, nausea, ringing ears, poor balance, confusion, extreme tiredness, and sleep problems. These symptoms can make it hard to work, use a computer, travel, get medical care, and participate”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “cal devices or wireless exposure. Possible triggers include computers, phones, Wi-Fi, appliances, lights, and vehicles. My symptoms include burning or electrical feelings, pressure, di”
- Research & federal duties: “- create a simple way for patients to report symptoms and possible exposures; - study combined and long-term exposure from common devices; - require careful medical testing before symptoms are labeled psychiatric; and”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “ require careful medical testing before symptoms are labeled psychiatric; and - support reasonable low-exposure and communication accommodations. People should not be dismissed simply because science has not ye”
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “ When I tried to explain my symptoms, providers didn't fully examine me. When I reported these sensitivities and could not explain them clearly, I was called psychotic and lacking insight. I was then forced t”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
**HHS-OASH-2026-0397 — Public Comment**
I am a patient and a person with disabilities. I have severe symptoms that I believe may be connected to electrical devices or wireless exposure.
Possible triggers include computers, phones, Wi-Fi, appliances, lights, and vehicles. My symptoms include burning or electrical feelings, pressure, dizziness, nausea, ringing ears, poor balance, confusion, extreme tiredness, and sleep problems. These symptoms can make it hard to work, use a computer, travel, get medical care, and participate in the community.
When I tried to explain my symptoms, providers didn't fully examine me. When I reported these sensitivities and could not explain them clearly, I was called psychotic and lacking insight. I was then forced to undergo a year of court-ordered psychiatric medication and injections, even though I reported having prior harmful reactions to these drugs. This only made the symptoms worse.
Doctors should not assume these torturous symptoms are psychiatric. They should first consider head injury, medication effects, neurological problems, sensory disabilities, sleep problems, trauma, and environmental causes.
Please consider that HHS:
- create a simple way for patients to report symptoms and possible exposures;
- study combined and long-term exposure from common devices;
- require careful medical testing before symptoms are labeled psychiatric; and
- support reasonable low-exposure and communication accommodations.
People should not be dismissed simply because science has not yet explained their symptoms.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.