AI summary & topic connections
The commenter describes light sensitivity and impaired nighttime visibility and requests a ban on excessively bright headlights.
- LED headlights & glare: “The current headlights on cars makes it very difficult to see when all that you see from these headlights are just blinding white light. I personally cannot see anything beyond that and find that I hav”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
The current headlights on cars makes it very difficult to see when all that you see from these headlights are just blinding white light. I personally cannot see anything beyond that and find that I have to avert my eyes from it and then also worry about how it takes my eyes to adjust while driving in the dark.
My Opthalmologist once explained to me that the rods in my eyes are white which makes me hypersensitive to light and makes everything appear much brighter than for the average person. Therefore, I try to avoid driving in the dark because all headlights are blinding. But especially with the most current headlights.
Please ban these headlights that are blinding for the safety of everyone on the road including pedestrians and those riding bicycles.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.