AI summary & topic connections
A parent reports family symptoms following a wireless water-meter installation, requests affordable opt-outs and reduced neighborhood exposure, and supports HHS investigation.
- Smart meters: “Since we were forced (without an option to opt-out) to get a VEPO smart water meter, we have all had strange symptoms ranging from ear ringing, to headaches, increased anxiety, joint pains, digestive issues and one of my children has started getting nose bleeds.”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “water meter, we have all had strange symptoms ranging from ear ringing, to headaches, increased anxiety, joint pains, digestive issues and one of my children has started getting nose bleeds.”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “Since we were forced (without an option to opt-out) to get a VEPO smart water meter, we have all had strange symptoms ranging from ear ringing, to headaches, increased anxiety, joint pains, digestive issues and one of my children has started getting nose bleeds.”
- Towers & siting: “The number of cell towers going up in Albany is astounding.”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
- Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
- Cancer & tumors: “Really, what are you doing “looking into this?” The results are already here and they are terrible!! How many people do I now know that have cancer in the last year since all of these towers have gone up? Not to mention the mental health issues.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of a parent,and a concerned member of the public.
Wireless radiation is affecting my family. Since we were forced (without an option to opt-out) to get a VEPO smart water meter, we have all had strange symptoms ranging from ear ringing, to headaches, increased anxiety, joint pains, digestive issues and one of my children has started getting nose bleeds.
PLEASE always have an opt-out option to smart meters IN OUR HOMES! And they should not cost more. I was able to opt-out for electric and gas, but I have to pay $134 and then more fees every month!
Also, please have companies like Spectrum make routers that don’t give off such wide signals. Why do I have to see all of my neighbors wifi?
The number of cell towers going up in Albany is astounding. We are being bombarded and we need it to stop! I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY RISKS, simply look at PubMed at the thousands of published studies. Really, what are you doing “looking into this?” The results are already here and they are terrible!! How many people do I now know that have cancer in the last year since all of these towers have gone up? Not to mention the mental health issues. While this may not be a direct cause, it is a negative contributor to human health and amplifying all negative health issues.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Sincerley,
Bridgit
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.