AI summary & topic connections
The commenter describes severe myalgic encephalomyelitis and electrosensitivity and reports relying on a wired, low-exposure home to avoid disabling symptoms.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I suffer from severe myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and environmental sensitivities (which includes electrosensitivity).”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “EMFs and RF can put me in a state of being bedbound in excruciating pain, with no energy or strength to attend to the activities of daily living, leaving me in survival mode.”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “Everything is wired at my place; I don't have Wi-Fi, a smart meter, cell phone service, or anything like that, and I generally have to be 2km away from a cell tower to avoid experiencing symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity.”
- Smart meters: “Everything is wired at my place; I don't have Wi-Fi, a smart meter, cell phone service, or anything like that, and I generally have to be 2km away from a cell tower to avoid experiencing symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity.”
- Towers & siting: “g is wired at my place; I don't have Wi-Fi, a smart meter, cell phone service, or anything like that, and I generally have to be 2km away from a cell tower to avoid experiencing symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity.”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “Everything is wired at my place; I don't have Wi-Fi, a smart meter, cell phone service, or anything like that, and I generally have to be 2km away from a cell tower to avoid experiencing symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Cell phone radiation can actually kill me. I suffer from severe myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and environmental sensitivities (which includes electrosensitivity). EMFs and RF can put me in a state of being bedbound in excruciating pain, with no energy or strength to attend to the activities of daily living, leaving me in survival mode. They are one of the causes of post-exertional malaise, a cardinal symptom of ME. I got initially sick because of mold and the literature in environmental medicine is starting to link electrosensitivity secondary to mold exposure. Being away from every environmental trigger is the only way for my health not to worsen. Everything is wired at my place; I don't have Wi-Fi, a smart meter, cell phone service, or anything like that, and I generally have to be 2km away from a cell tower to avoid experiencing symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity. My health sanctuary is vital to me and is the only solution to prevent my health from deteriorating.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.