AI summary & topic connections

An educator reports headaches and exhaustion after school wireless deployment and perceived student and staff changes, requesting research on cumulative school exposure.

  • Occupational exposure: “It wasn't until I left the building entirely with another career, did I realize the debilitating effect it had on my body, thinking and energy.”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “I vividly remember when our school building installed wireless routers throughout the building.”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “This is the time where I began to get headaches and a heavy head feeling.”
  • Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “iving me the opportunity to comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
  • Research & federal duties: “Thank you for giving me the opportunity to comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of an educator. I vividly remember when our school building installed wireless routers throughout the building. This is the time where I began to get headaches and a heavy head feeling. I would feel overly stressed, and my nervous system would feel revved up. When we reached a one-to-one computer program, where every staff member and every child in the building had a device, these feelings became worse. In a building with over 1,300 students and over 200 staff all with devices, the EMF radiation was saturating. As a consequence, I began to feel adrenal burnout. It wasn't until I left the building entirely with another career, did I realize the debilitating effect it had on my body, thinking and energy. It was my experience that as children spent more time on devices in school, their attention spans seemed to decrease. Not to mention, staff attendance began to steadily decline. Teachers seemed less resilient and more frustrated. There's absolutely no doubt that the impact of invisible wireless technologies and radiation exposure was being felt by both students and staff. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. Lastly, I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.