HHS EMFTHE PUBLIC COMMENT FORUM
The people. The questions. The public record.An independent RF Safe project
Forum index › All threadsLatest posting day

THE LATEST SUBMISSIONS

All comment threads

1269 original comments · Newest first

Browse topics
Read full comments below. More load as you scroll.
Posted 2026-09-21#0190 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports fatigue, body aches and apathy during a dental visit near a tower and attributes th…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
My dentist has a 5 G tower across the street from his office. While there for 3 hours sitting in front of the window and across from the tower I had adverse effects. I have never noticed 5 G sensitivities before but the 3 hour visit was very different. I went in feeling very well. By the time I left I was aching all over, exhausted and very apathetic. Fortunately, I used a homeopathic remedy asap and felt relief. I've tried to be careful about 5 G without every having any symptoms and wondered if I was over thinking it but after that experience, I know it can have a very profound effect on living organisms.
Posted 2026-09-21#0189 · Permanent link ↗

Reports dizziness and vertigo, a vestibular-migraine diagnosis, and symptoms she associates with antennas…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I moved into a city apartment in August 2014 completely healthy. By 2017, I started having weird neurological problems such as dizziness and feeling off balance. I noticed that when I went on vacation and didn't stay in my apartment that I felt better and then we I came back home, it got worse again. I ended up getting worse and developing terrible vertigo by 2018 and started seeking treatment in 2019. I was diagnosed with vestibular migraine and started vestibular rehab in 2020. I decided to have an electromagnetic radiation specialist come and do some readings with radiofrequency meters on my apartment because I noticed that several cell phone antennas were added to my apartment building in 2017 after looking at my address year by year in google earth. This is also right around the time that smart meters were added. I found that a cell phone antenna was added 30 feet from my apartment window. Several other cellphone antennas were added to light poles in the perimeter surrounding my apartment building and the craziest thing of all is that giant cell phone antennas were added to the roof of my apartment building. I ended up mitigating my apartment the best I could because I wasn't in the position to move yet. I had radiofrequency blocking window film put on all of my windows and I now sleep in a shielded canopy to help me not be exposed at night. I also wired all of my computers and devices. So I have gotten better, but I am still not 100% like I was before 2017 so now I am building a new house from scratch in a lot I found with a hill behind it that basically blocks the radiofrequency so my house has no cell phone reception. My new build will be done by the end of this year so I am excited to move in and hopefully finally let my body heal from the past 10 years of too much radiofrequency exposure.
Posted 2026-09-21#0188 · Permanent link ↗

A parent requests updated safety testing and guidelines reflecting modern wireless technologies and cumul…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am a concerned American citizen and mother and would love to update the wireless safety guidance and studies from the 90s when we had Internet and phone access through landline connections, flip phones and little no wireless radiation exposure. This is a constant concern for me and my children as their skulls are more permeable and they will be more impacted. It's a constant argument in our household since there is not enough information out there to confirm it's negative impact, we are too dependent on the convenience of wireless Internet and faster streaming. Please update the safety tests and guidelines to encompass the current 5&6G radiation plus overall exposure!
Posted 2026-09-21#0187 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter questions tower exposure near a park and school, cites worker-warning language, and links i…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Is the high intensity Radiofrequency Radiation emitted from the huge cell towers near the Vineyards Community Park and nearby Elementary School dangerous to people using the facilities? https://youtu.be/qKa7QP3UBLY The attached videos and pictures speak for themselves about the radiation. Note the posted warnings to workers on the cell towers about radiation exposure. "CAN PEOPLE BE EXPOSED TO LEVELS OF RADIOFREQUENCY RADIATION THAT COULD BE HARMFUL? There may be situations, particularly in workplace environments near high-powered RF sources, where the recommended limits for safe exposure of human beings to RF energy could be exceeded. In such cases, restrictive measures or mitigation actions may be necessary to ensure the safe use of RF energy." Residents oppose giant cell phone tower in Tampa neighborhood https://youtu.be/--NuHaazrWQ?feature=shared Miami-Dade residents protest sudden 5G tower installations https://youtu.be/qDl1PgCn9AY?feature=shared Permit for 195-foot 5G tower in Westchase https://youtu.be/eiqB3slLehQ?feature=shared There are many questions and few clear answers. What happens when the radiation is mixed with chemicals (pesticides) and human flesh? Isn't it better to avoid exposure than take a chance with cancer and other medical conditions? FCC RF https://studio.youtube.com/playlist/PLfRc959rwLhY/edit

Official attachments · 4

Attachment contents are not included in the category review.

Posted 2026-09-21#0186 · Permanent link ↗

A parent reports children's headaches and fatigue at school and requests public education, tower-siting r…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a parent, family and concerned member of the public. My children are exposed to wireless radiation all day while at school. They tell me how it gives them headaches and makes them tired. They come home to detox from it as we have no wireless internet and mobile phones are turned off at night. There are so many toxins that we are all exposed to and our buckets get full very quickly now. Wireless radiation is one of these toxins and because we can't see it people are not aware. The increases in cancer, mental disorders, ADHD, autism and more are from bombardment from all these toxins. And we are bombarded by wireless radiation all the time. There is no education on the effects of wireless radiation. People sleep with their phones on next to their bed and wifi systems on. There needs to be widespread education on how to properly use mobile phones and reduce wireless exposure. There should be laws against building homes and offices next to phone towers and phone towers being erected near schools. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Posted 2026-09-21#0185 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter describes symptoms associated with carrying a phone and proximity to a router, perceived im…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am responding to a request for information issued by the HHS on September 17th, 2026, seeking public input on the effects of electromagnetic fields and wireless radiation. My personal story: I used to carry my cell phone in the left rear pocket of my pants. After several months of doing that, my left hip muscles developed some cramping and weakness, for no apparent reason. I tried many therapies to alleviate the issue. None of the treatments worked, and it kept getting worse until I stopped carrying my cell phone in my pants pocket. Later, we got a new router for our home, that was advertised as being faster and had a much stronger signal. My desk was within a few feet of it. Over the course of a couple of weeks working at my desk, I developed chronic headaches, a skin rash, and was eventually bedridden with a severe headache and very low energy. My bed was also near the router. I’m generally very healthy, and I usually heal quickly, but my symptoms kept getting worse. I did some research regarding what the cause of my illness might be, and I tried many things without success, but when I finally turned the router completely off, I was healed and completely back to normal within 24 hours. Later, I had a technician come to our home and move the router to a different location, much farther away from my desk and bed. He said that I was too close to the router and acknowledged that it was unsafe at a close distance. I also notice that when I’m in crowded environments, such as a stadium or concert hall, where there are a lot of people using their cell phones, I will sometimes feel dizzy or lightheaded, and afterward I’ll feel “tired but wired”, where I’ll have unusually low energy, and I just want to go to sleep. But then I won’t fall asleep for several hours, because I feel agitated. My sensitivity to wireless radiation has limited my activities, where I now avoid going to concerts, stadium events, or any large crowds, just so I can maintain my normal vibrant healthy state. I’ve also experimented with staying far away from all wireless devices for an entire day or more, usually out in nature, and I’ll notice that my health and vitality will increase, and then I’ll also get a better night’s sleep. I have two personal friends who have also been negatively impacted by wireless radiation. One of them told me that she lives in an apartment building that is designed for people sensitive to wireless radiation, and they do not allow routers, smart devices, or cell phones within the complex. My other friend sold her home to distance herself from a nearby cell tower. She had developed many health issues just after they installed the tower, and now that she lives in another home father away from cell towers, all of those health issues have been resolved. I also purchased an EMF meter, and I’ve measured radiation levels far above what the meter says is safe, from my cell phone, router, and all “smart” devices. I notice in the instructions of most of the devices, that they warn the user to maintain a certain distance, which is impossible if you want to touch and operate the device. Because of my personal experiences, I now consider wireless radiation to be “the tobacco smoking of this generation”, and one of the most pervasive health threats that I’ve witnessed in my lifetime. In my opinion, we are all being exposed to an invisible toxin, without being fully informed of the dangers. I have no formal studies that I can submit to prove causality, but my direct experiences have repeatedly confirmed my opinion. I request that you please help put an end to this pervasive environmental toxin. I’m very upset and concerned about this issue.
Posted 2026-09-21#0184 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports cancers among residents of five adjoining units near multiple towers and asks HHS t…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public. I live in a condominium complex and my building has five attached units. Five out of the five units have residents who have been diagnosed with cancer, four with bladder cancer and one with lymphoma. We have had the water tested by the State DEP and the water shows no reasons for concern. There are, seven cell towers within three miles of our building, two of which are within less than one-half mile. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Posted 2026-09-21#0183 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports tinnitus, dizziness and other symptoms with unrevealing medical tests and gradual i…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
In 2018, I had the worst scare of my life. It began with a mix of dizzy spells, blurry vision, a painful and itchy armpit rash, and very loud tinnitus. Doctors found nothing wrong. Thankfully, a dear friend brought over his EMF meter to measure frequencies in my surroundings. Between my cell phone, computer wifi, smart TV, wireless keyboard/mouse, microwave, and remote phone system, the test results were off the charts in the danger zone. I had unknowingly been in very close proximity to high level of EMF for a long time. I took his advice and got rid of all of them. It was very slow progress but eventually my symptoms reduced to a point of tolerance. After a few years, the reduction is nearly back to normal, but I do experience some minor symptoms away from home if much time is spent near those frequencies. Luckily, they subside fairly quickly, for which I am very grateful. I owe my sanity to my dear friend who opened my eyes to what can happen to some of us down the road, if we're not careful.
Posted 2026-09-21#0182 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter cites animal research and carcinogenicity assessments, acknowledges uncertainties in human …

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
To the Department of Health and Human Services: I am submitting this comment in response to the RFI on EMF/RF radiation and wireless exposure (FR Doc. 2026-19252). My perspective is that of an individual and a healthcare industry professional with a background in medical device and healthcare sales. I support HHS's decision to systematically re-evaluate the state of the science on RF/EMF exposure, including at levels below current federal limits, and I urge the Department to weigh the following evidence as it identifies research priorities: • In 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), part of the World Health Organization, classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as a Group 2B "possible human carcinogen" — the same category as lead and DDT — based on limited evidence from human and animal studies. • The National Toxicology Program's $30 million, decade-long study (final results published November 2018) found "clear evidence" that male rats exposed to high levels of RF radiation like that used in 2G/3G cell phones developed malignant heart schwannomas, with some evidence of tumors in the brain and adrenal gland as well. NTP's own scientists cautioned that whole-body, high-level rodent exposure doesn't map directly onto typical human cell phone use, but called the tumor link "real." • A separate, independent study by the Ramazzini Institute in Italy — the largest of its kind, involving 2,448 rats exposed over their full lifespans — found the same type of heart schwannoma in male rats exposed to RF levels representative of environmental cell-tower emissions, not just handset-level exposure. The researchers noted this reinforced the NTP findings using a different, lower-intensity exposure model. • Current FCC exposure limits, which the RFI itself notes, were largely set based on short-term thermal (heating) effects and have not been comprehensively updated to account for this newer body of long-term, non-thermal evidence. I recognize that federal agencies including FDA and WHO currently maintain that existing evidence does not establish RF exposure at regulated levels causes harm in humans, and that some researchers dispute the rodent-to-human relevance of the NTP and Ramazzini findings. That disagreement is exactly why this RFI matters: the existing evidence base is genuinely contested, not settled, and deserves a fresh, rigorous federal review rather than reliance on decades-old thermal-only standards. I would encourage HHS to: • Prioritize research on cumulative, long-term, non-thermal exposure, particularly for children and other potentially sensitive populations; • Commission an independent re-evaluation of whether current exposure standards adequately reflect the NTP and Ramazzini findings; • Ensure findings are coordinated across FDA, NIH, and CDC and translated into practical guidance for families, schools, and healthcare providers. My family has personally experienced health disruptions after being exposed to “healthy” levels. Thank you for undertaking this review and for the opportunity to comment.
Posted 2026-09-21#0181 · Permanent link ↗

The commenter reports EMR syndrome with severe limitations on travel, family visits and community partici…

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I suffer from what has been called EMR-syndrome, electromagnetic radiation syndrome. When I am near anyone using a cellphone or in an area where the WiFi is at a high level, I suffer from dizziness, light-headedness, heart palpitations, feelings of intense anxiety and afterwards, intense exhaustion. For every hour that I am in WiFi, I need at least an hour-long nap, sometimes two. For this reason, I no longer go to church, or to concerts or plays. I do not volunteer in the community or go to the gym. I do not eat in restaurants. I never travel, for airports are the worst (after hospitals). When my husband is in the hospital (five times last year), I can only be with him for 45 minutes at the most. I come home exhausted. I cannot fly to see my children and grandchildren, nor go to the weddings or funerals of family members. I am safe in my home. I hired a building biologist to go through my entire home, looking for high levels of radiation, magnetic fields, and dirty electricity. She gave me explicit, detailed recommendations which I follow "religiously." I live a very secluded life, unable to enjoy the benefits of living in a vibrant community. When I go out into "Wifi-land" (which is virtually everywhere), I have to wear special clothing with silver threads woven through the fabric and hats with silver lining. I pay hundreds of dollars for these pieces of clothing (e.g., $277 just for a tailor-made camisole). I am unable to travel to any foreign country. I do not own a cellphone. I have an ethernet cable for my laptop. I have no microwave. I opted out of smart meters (and pay extra for having done so). I know only one person in the whole world who doesn't own a cellphone (besides my husband).

10 comments displayed. More load as you scroll.

These are separate official submissions grouped by topic. A comment can appear in more than one board.