AI summary & topic connections

The commenter reports distinctive sleep disruption after evening phone or laptop use and offers the experience for investigation without claiming technical expertise.

  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “I have personally observed severe sleep disruption that corelates to EMF exposure from my laptop or cellphone if used for a 1/2 hour or more, within an hour of going to bed.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I have personally observed severe sleep disruption that corelates to EMF exposure from my laptop or cellphone if used for a 1/2 hour or more, within an hour of going to bed. I do not think this is caused by "blue screen", since I am using appropriate settings on my laptop along with blue-blocking glasses, and also the phone exposure does not involve screen time. Also, this does not occur due to television exposure, only laptop and cell phone. Ordinarily have no problems falling asleep, but if I have had excessive exposure to either device right before bed, my mind will not shut off and rather, stays in an unusual semi-awake state where the images, topics or songs I've encountered during the day will repeat on a "loop" for most of the night. This feels like over-stimulation of the brain, to the extent that it stays in an almost suspended state where it is unable to transition into any of the normal sleep states. It is also different from any type of stress-related insomnia I have experienced. I have no expertise in this area - I am only reporting what I have personally experienced in the event you might observe a pattern of others reporting the same type of over-stimulation response. Thank you very much for looking into this!