AI summary & topic connections
Reports temporary difficulty seeing after oncoming headlights and asks whether their intensity and design are harming vision or road safety. Refers to a headlight petition and requests investigation.
- LED headlights & glare: “ with. When driving through a roadway with oncoming vehicles and meeting their headlights, from dusk until daylight, I experience a blindness. Once the headlights come towards me I find tha”
- Research & federal duties: “s being used in the best way by serving as headlights? Thank you, sincerely for looking into this situation.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
The intensity of the bulbs is the most difficult to deal with. When driving through a roadway with oncoming vehicles and meeting their headlights, from dusk until daylight, I experience a blindness. Once the headlights come towards me I find that it takes longer for my retinas to adjust and leave me with a brief period where what I look at ahead of me is not clear enough for a few moments. The intensity of these types of light are so strong that its difficult to not be impacted, even when diverting my focus to the lines along the side of the road as I pass the vehicles. Often one oncoming vehicle after another makes it harder becomes the intensity does not lessen for several minutes.
I would have thought I had an eyesight deficiency that may be attributing except for the fact that it is general conversation that people around me state that it is difficult for them to see with oncoming and past these headlights as well. Therefore I can at least conclude that its something to do with the headlights. When this Ban Blinding Headlights petition began, I began reading all of the information being gathered on the subject which lead me to believe there is something not right and potentially dangerous about us using these bulbs and being exposed day after day to them. My question is what are they doing to our eyesight? In addition are these bulbs being used in the best way by serving as headlights? Thank you, sincerely for looking into this situation.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.