AI summary & topic connections
A self-described audiovisual professional reports intense headlight glare during early-morning commuting and urges regulation of LED vehicle lighting. The comparisons among manufacturers and foreign-policy claims are not independently verified.
- LED headlights & glare: “from the car companies has become the use of LED headlight technology. While the technology is impressively bright it doesnt”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “has already begun the legislation process of regulating this technology, and I hope other countries including the U.S. follow ”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Everyday I commute at 5am in the morning. I am 54 years old and have been doing this for 25 plus years. I work in the Audio Video field as an expert professional specializing in video projection, and have watched the technology evolve from xenon bulb to LED and Laser. So I know what im talking about when I say I have noticed a growing trend on the roads. The latest and greatest from the car companies has become the use of LED headlight technology. While the technology is impressively bright it doesnt throw the light out as far as tradition halogen bulbs. So viewing the LED head on at oncoming traffic it is extremely bright. Automotive Manufacturers are haphazardly using this technology with no limits because there a currently no laws regulating LED technology. Oncoming traffic with newer vehicles have very high output of perceived light. As a result I am constantly bombarded by intense light during my morning commutes. The intensity appears to be more prevalent in specific makes and models. Hyundai, Ford, and Subaru appear to have the most extreme outputs followed by the latest Toyota vehicles. As you may know the UK has already begun the legislation process of regulating this technology, and I hope other countries including the U.S. follow suite.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.