AI summary & topic connections
Reports lifelong sensitivity attributed to military radar exposure in a dormitory and associates it with severe restless legs and sleep problems. Describes reactions to phones, keyboards and travel, with relief while camping.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I (female, 76) have been sensitive to EMF exposure my whole adult life, beginning with living on”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “believe that this is what triggered lifelong restless legs syndrome, which has been very limiting and often torturous: I a”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “elong restless legs syndrome, which has been very limiting and often torturous: I am in the worst 1-3% of RLS pat”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I (female, 76) have been sensitive to EMF exposure my whole adult life, beginning with living on the 6th floor of a dorm at the U of Az. in 1967, facing Davis Monthan AFB a few miles away. I was on a metal dorm bed lined up with the AFB, apparently acting as an antenna to powerful military radar thought to be ok near cities because of its elevation. I had to sleep on the grounded floor to get relief. I believe that this is what triggered lifelong restless legs syndrome, which has been very limiting and often torturous: I am in the worst 1-3% of RLS patients.Despite meds, I often have to turn my cell phone off or put it down. Laptop keyboards trigger it as well, along with flying, driving, full moon etc. all of which have high magnetic components to their fields. The best sleep of my adult life was camping, on the ground, no cell phones nearby.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.