AI summary & topic connections
Raises concerns about school devices and nearby towers and reports unusually restorative sleep during a power outage. Supports HHS review of experiences and modern research, particularly for children.
- Children & vulnerable groups: “o having experienced health impacts myself. My children both attend public school and are given devices by the”
- Towers & siting: “re given devices by their schools. There are cell towers everywhere. At their schools, on football fields, stre”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “ bed. What I experienced that night was the best night of sleep I've ever had. There is NO doubt in my mind that the l”
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “ccer game. I found that our neighborhood had no power. Initially, I was disappointed thinking I would have t”
- Research & federal duties: “pulations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding radiation and public health. Thank you for ”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a concerned parent, an individual that has heard the stories people experiencing health effects from EMFs and also having experienced health impacts myself.
My children both attend public school and are given devices by their schools. There are cell towers everywhere. At their schools, on football fields, street lamps, electrical posts, every few miles on highways and more. As a parent I am concerned with the invisible damage occurring to their smaller bodies.
I have also heard stories of people from all over the country that get sick from living near cell towers. Why have no safety studies have been done in over 30 years? Technology has greatly changed since then! Why are industries allowed to rely on 30 year old science? This is completely absurd.
I also have my own experience. Most days I wake up after 8-9 hours of sleep. I am in very good health yet I wake up feeling not rested, everyday. One night I came home about 9:00pm after playing a soccer game. I found that our neighborhood had no power. Initially, I was disappointed thinking I would have trouble waking up on time. I had tired muscles from running and decided to take and Epsom salt bath. No power so I used candles to light the bathroom. After the bath I went to bed.
What I experienced that night was the best night of sleep I've ever had. There is NO doubt in my mind that the lack electricity and electromagnetic fields, in my neighborhood that night, caused me to sleep fully and restoratively. I often wish, longing to recreate those exact circumstances to experience that quality of sleep again.
I fully support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. I URGE HHS to carefully evaluate the experiences of people effected and scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.