AI summary & topic connections
Reports tinnitus after a local 5G rollout and partial improvement after replacing home Wi-Fi with Ethernet. Opposes further increases in exposure and describes perceived sensitivity.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “ears ago in Santa Barbara where I live I developed mild to moderate symptoms of tinnitus. It took a couple months to realize this was happening, but at some point I distinctly remember n”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “n my hearing, but I thought to switch to Ethernet cabling and stopped using the wifi router to see if there was an improvement to my hearing and to validate my thought that I was sensitive to”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “ came out without a noticeable effect on my hearing, but I thought to switch to Ethernet cabling and stopped using the wifi router to see if there was an improvement to my hearing and to v”
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “if there was an improvement to my hearing and to validate my thought that I was sensitive to the EMF radiation. Sure enough, in a couple of weeks, the tinnitus resolved a little and I started very occasionall”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “f spectrum is very likely to negatively affect me personally and is something I do not want the govt. to allow. thank you for taking comments. Bill Palmisano”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
thank you for this opportunity
When 5G was introduces several years ago in Santa Barbara where I live I developed mild to moderate symptoms of tinnitus.
It took a couple months to realize this was happening, but at some point I distinctly remember noticing I was not hearing the background sounds I used to hear when it was really quiet outside; insect noises esp. at dusk and sunrise, far away train noises, high flying aircraft, quiet bird chirps, chipmunks, squirrels quarreling etc. All I was getting was a low background hum tone that was louder than the quiet sounds that were always there in the past and I discovered my personal tinnitus.
This alarmed me. I went for several years in this state resigned to the "progress" and savoring I still had hearing at all as some cases of tinnitus I read about were brutal by comparison to my symptoms.
Our house has used wifi for computers since before 5G came out without a noticeable effect on my hearing, but I thought to switch to Ethernet cabling and stopped using the wifi router to see if there was an improvement to my hearing and to validate my thought that I was sensitive to the EMF radiation.
Sure enough, in a couple of weeks, the tinnitus resolved a little and I started very occasionally hearing the faint sounds in the world again, esp. when I woke up in the early morning.
My tinnitus is still present 99.9%+ of the time in my ears, but I do occasionally get to experience some relief from tinnitus.
Increasing the amount of EMF in this high frequency area of spectrum is very likely to negatively affect me personally and is something I do not want the govt. to allow.
thank you for taking comments.
Bill Palmisano
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.