AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports tinnitus and intermittent dizziness after new utility-pole equipment was installed and seeks answers about the devices while acknowledging uncertainty.
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “In May,2024, Duke Energy installed new poles in our neighborhood.”
- Towers & siting: “In May,2024, Duke Energy installed new poles in our neighborhood.”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “Reason was preparing for hurricane season.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Thank you so much for your continued support of Humanity.
In May,2024, Duke Energy installed new poles in our neighborhood. Reason was preparing for hurricane season. No other street had this action taken. Just our small street. On each new pole was a black device NOT on the previous poles. No other street had these devices. Within six weeks of the installation, my ears began to ring. Never experienced this before. The ringing sound changes tone. Changes from ringing to a clicking noise. Then the dizziness started. Not everyday, not consistently. Just every now & then, a “blast” of something affects my balance . Just for seconds. My husband is experiencing the same.
I asked myself what had changed ? The answer seemed to be the new poles. I called Duke Energy. Got the run around without any answers. I persisted until I was told the black devices were just the transformers, nothing to see here! Except they don’t look like the other transformers, these are on every pole installation. I think we are part of an experiment by Duke Energy. Now, I can’t prove anything. The ringing in my ears still continues, the moments of dizziness continue .
I live in Lake Mary Florida. You may contact me if necessary.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.