AI summary & topic connections
The commenter describes extensive symptoms beginning after a smart-meter installation, loss of a consultancy career and severe restrictions on travel, healthcare and social participation.
- Housing, work & access barriers: “I am now in my 70’s and have been adversely affected by RF radiation since 2009, when a transmitting "smart" meter was installed on my home.”
- Smart meters: “I am now in my 70’s and have been adversely affected by RF radiation since 2009, when a transmitting "smart" meter was installed on my home.”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “My heart was racing, I was unable to think or sleep, was labile and exhausted.”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “My heart was racing, I was unable to think or sleep, was labile and exhausted.”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “I could not stand in queues due to others with cellphones, and could not be in buildings with wifi after that started.”
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “I also became affected by lower frequency radiation, from circuitry in the walls at home.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am now in my 70’s and have been adversely affected by RF radiation since 2009, when a transmitting "smart" meter was installed on my home. My heart was racing, I was unable to think or sleep, was labile and exhausted.
I was soon affected by phone towers as much as a kilometer away, as well as by cellphones. Symptoms included insomnia, tinnitus, anxiety, digestive and circulatory problems, fatigue, poor memory, inability to think and make decisions. I could not stand in queues due to others with cellphones, and could not be in buildings with wifi after that started.
I had to give up my consultancy career in 2011, due to being unable to be in so many environments.
I was affected by fluorescent and LED lightbulbs and obviously unable to use a cell phone myself. I also became affected by lower frequency radiation, from circuitry in the walls at home.
I used to travel frequently but now was, and am, unable to use any form of public transport or sleep in any venues with wifi. So I am unable to return to the country of my birth, where my family of origin live.
I am unable to wait in waiting rooms, where others are on their phones; am unable to have Xrays, MRIs or CAT scans due to how I might be affected by the radiation; and do not know what would happen if I was ill and had to go to a hospital.
Receiving no help from doctors who do not understand this issue, I spent thousands of dollars trying to help myself survive and recover: gadgets, shielding, therapies, blood tests, vitamins…
My relationships were affected as many friends could not understand or be bothered with my inability to go places and do things. I see my own family less often than I would have as I had to move away from suburbia.
My life has been quite isolated as I cannot join in the groups I used to participate in - learning, teaching, sharing, exercising. Instead I spend much time at home on my hardwired computer.
Physically I am lately affected by extreme fatigue for days after exposure, rather than being aware of radiation at the time, as used to be the case.
So this technology has in a sense made me an outcast, anxious about going places, unable to join in or contribute as I used to. It has changed my life to a very limited one (in Australia).
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.