AI summary & topic connections

Reports tinnitus and family effects attributed to wireless exposure, improvement when a router is off, and concern about towers and small cells. Requests research and stronger regulation.

  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “horrible tinnitus”
  • Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “wifi router”
  • Towers & siting: “5G towers”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “as well as my son”
  • Exposure limits & oversight: “needs more regulation”
  • Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
  • Environmental effects: “health and environmental effects”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a parent and concerned member of the public. Personally, I have been severely affected by EMF's and Wireless Radiation Exposure as well as my son. I've had horrible tinnitus for a few years now and have done almost everything to stop it or at least to try and lessen it. I notice when I shut off my wifi router it's a lot better but there are 5G towers everywhere and now with the smaller extenders on street posts it's horrible. We know how it's unhealthy and there needs more regulation. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.