AI summary & topic connections
Reports head, ear and arm discomfort with phones and computers, describes low-SAR and distancing choices, and urges HHS research and public information.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “head feeling fuzzy”
- Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “children and other potentially vulnerable populations”
- Environmental effects: “health and environmental effects”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am commenting for myself and in support of increased evaluation of the negative effects of wireless radiation. I first experienced the effects when my husband bought me a cell phone. I tried it out for a very short period maybe it was only hours or maybe it was only minutes and felt and immediate effect of my head feeling fuzzy. I had already read up on my concerns about wireless radiation and didn't want a cell phone because of that but once I felt how bad the effects were I had him take the cell phone back! Some years later I was using wireless telephone not a cell phone talking out in the backyard for more than an hour. I realize that it made my head feel sick and got off the phone but continued to have my head feel fuzzy and sick for hours afterwards! Then I knew how dangerous it is to use a wireless telephone especially when it was far from the base! Now if I use my cell phone up to my ear my ear canal will start aching right away! And in the past when I have rarely continue to use it I have felt pain in my shoulder on the side that I used the cell phone and it hurt all the way down to my hand! I searched and found a cell phone with the lowest SAR rating! I always keep the phone away from my head! Nevertheless if I've used the phone and used my finger to touch it for very long my finger will start hurting and if I continue the pain goes up my arm! Also if I am sitting near my computer and using it for very long my head starts feeling fuzzy and sick!
It is irresponsible for the commission to have not studied this previously and it is absolutely necessary to bring out the truth of the harm to the public!
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.