AI summary & topic connections
A registered nurse reports an acquaintance’s testicular cancer believed to be linked to cellphone exposure and supports HHS research and attention to vulnerable groups.
- Cancer & tumors: “testicular cancer”
- Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “children and other potentially vulnerable populations”
- Environmental effects: “health and environmental effects”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of registered nurse.
My close friend’s husband has been fighting testicular cancer believed to be a result of exposure from a cellphone’s wireless radiation. I believe HHS should address this issue.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.