AI summary & topic connections
Reports permanent sudden hearing loss and earlier ear ringing while living in a condominium during pregnancies. Raises several possible explanations, including electronic meter reading, Wi-Fi and infection, and asks for evaluation.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “SSNHL in my right ear”
- Reproduction & pregnancy: “pregnant or nursing babies”
- Smart meters: “electronic meter reading”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “WiFi used”
- Research & federal duties: “area to evaluate”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
To whom it may concern,
Upon seeing the you tube video on this study, I thought of an area to evaluate that may pertain to public health.
When living in a condo in Canyon Country, California from 2005 to 2017, the utility company began doing some type of electronic meter reading in our community at some point. During these years I was either pregnant or nursing babies most of the time.
While at home in the condo, I would periodically hear a strange type of ringing in my ears at a certain frequency, as if a scan was going through the area.
It is possible my experience was caused by reconnaissance scans, the WiFi used for my husbands remote architecture work on his computer, or some other unknown reason. Our family also had cell phones.
I experienced SSNHL in my right ear in October of 2014 that was permanent. The doctors said, it was most likely caused by damage to the small hairs in the inner ear, and was more common in pregnant people. At the time, I believed it was from exposure to some type of virus going around, possibly in active military member circles of the United States Air Force, or defense communities of the Antelope Valley near Lancaster, California.
I thought I should share this with you.
Thank you for your care for the American people, and your dedicated service.
It’s a true blessing to be in our country.
Warm regards,
Stacey Matthews
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.