AI summary & topic connections
A commenter with experience assessing fields in buildings reports improvement after exposure reduction and requests review of non-thermal effects, lower limits and protection for children.
- Research & federal duties: “review the effects, symptoms, and published studies”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “regulatory exposure limited need to be revised”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “kindergartens, schools”
- Environmental effects: “health and environmental effects”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I strongly urge HHS and its selected scientists to review the effects, symptoms, and published studies and report on non-thermal effect and take these into consideration. I have been conducting assessments for AC electric and magnetic fields and wireless radiation (RF) with professional calibrated instrumentation in residential, commercial and institutional buildings for over 30.
I can attest that in many cases were individuals reported unspecific health problems and symptoms; once the source was eliminated, exposure reduced or shielded improvements were clearly noted. The current regulatory exposure limited need to be revised and significant reduced, especially in sensitive aeras such as but not limited too kindergartens, schools,......
I am encouraged that HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.