AI summary & topic connections
The commenter describes a longstanding implanted brain shunt, symptoms and shunt replacement following meter installation, and asks HHS to investigate.
- Smart meters: “ brain. Living with a shunt for 52 years has not been fun but since we were forced to put smart meters in our homes, I suffer from debilitating headaches, poor sleep and general malaise. Additionally, within six months of my home being forced to be fitted with a smart meter, I was”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “Wireless radiation has affected you personally as I have a brain condition (congenital) and I have a VP shunt implanted in my brain. Living with a shunt for 52 years has not been fun but since we were forced to put smart meters in our homes, I ”
- Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a concerned Am”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “Wireless radiation has affected you personally as I have a brain condition (congenital) and I have a VP shunt implanted in my brain. Living with a shunt for 52 years has not been fun but since we were forced to put smart m”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of a concerned American citizen.
Wireless radiation has affected you personally as I have a brain condition (congenital) and I have a VP shunt implanted in my brain. Living with a shunt for 52 years has not been fun but since we were forced to put smart meters in our homes, I suffer from debilitating headaches, poor sleep and general malaise. Additionally, within six months of my home being forced to be fitted with a smart meter, I was in the hospital having a new shunt implanted (my previous shunt was with me for 34 years!) I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to comment.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.