AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports symptoms after meter installation, reliance on Ethernet and a landline, and increasing limits on public activities, and requests HHS evaluation.
- Smart meters: “I chose to write as wireless radiation has been affecting me since a SMART meter was attached to my house in 2015 without my explicit consent. We mitigated the best we could after I began suffering from severe headaches and heart palpitations. Both prevented m”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “t my explicit consent. We mitigated the best we could after I began suffering from severe headaches and heart palpitations. Both prevented me from getting restorative and rejuvenating sleep. In addition, I began noticing similar symptoms when using my cell phone and when using ”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “consent. We mitigated the best we could after I began suffering from severe headaches and heart palpitations. Both prevented me from getting restorative and rejuvenating sleep. In addition, I began noticing similar symptoms when using my cell phone and when using Wifi. The s”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “p. In addition, I began noticing similar symptoms when using my cell phone and when using Wifi. The symptoms only got worse with the introduction of 5G. Again, we have done the best to mitigate and rely on Ethernet cables over using Wifi at home. It is now so bad that I wea”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “t worse with the introduction of 5G. Again, we have done the best to mitigate and rely on Ethernet cables over using Wifi at home. It is now so bad that I wear protective clothing which doesn't seem to do much. I limit my time on the computer and rely on my landline phone when ”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “t a restaurant, going to a movie theater, taking the bus, flying in a plane. I often feel trapped in my house. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addres”
- Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from my own experience. I chose to w”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “ the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing indivi”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from my own experience.
I chose to write as wireless radiation has been affecting me since a SMART meter was attached to my house in 2015 without my explicit consent. We mitigated the best we could after I began suffering from severe headaches and heart palpitations. Both prevented me from getting restorative and rejuvenating sleep. In addition, I began noticing similar symptoms when using my cell phone and when using Wifi. The symptoms only got worse with the introduction of 5G. Again, we have done the best to mitigate and rely on Ethernet cables over using Wifi at home. It is now so bad that I wear protective clothing which doesn't seem to do much. I limit my time on the computer and rely on my landline phone when at home. It is proving difficult for me to fully enjoy my life without fear of being bombarded when out in public, eating at a restaurant, going to a movie theater, taking the bus, flying in a plane. I often feel trapped in my house.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.