AI summary & topic connections

A parent calls for studies of children's cumulative exposure to connected devices at home and school before potential health effects become established.

  • Children & vulnerable groups: “from the perspective of a parent who is deeply concerned with the amount of radiation our children are growing up surrounded by in their hands and laps, on their heads, in and around homes, schools and neighborhoods. My children are exposed to household and school wireless rad”
  • Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “sehold and school wireless radiation EVERYWHERE between household internet, solar panels, wifi connected kitchen products, bluetooth everything. With ever increasing demand for a wireless yet always connected society, I believe this is a health topic that is both inconvenie”
  • Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a parent who i”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a parent who is deeply concerned with the amount of radiation our children are growing up surrounded by in their hands and laps, on their heads, in and around homes, schools and neighborhoods. My children are exposed to household and school wireless radiation EVERYWHERE between household internet, solar panels, wifi connected kitchen products, bluetooth everything. With ever increasing demand for a wireless yet always connected society, I believe this is a health topic that is both inconvenient to study and needs to be thoroughly studied. We cannot let this generation of always connected youth grow into adulthood without the understanding of health consequences. I’d like to fight for them while we can reverse course on any safety signals. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard. Sincerely, Jennifer Landgraf, parent