AI summary & topic connections
Reports facial heat from phone use and headaches attributed to Bluetooth, requests wired headset ports, and relays unverified claims about friends’ facial cancers. Supports federal research and protection of vulnerable groups.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “ I do not want to use a bluetooth because it gives me headaches. This technology is dangerous and iPhone should provid”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “r phones to allow an audio port to allow for plug in headset or earpiece. I have friends who have cancer on their f”
- Cancer & tumors: “headset or earpiece. I have friends who have cancer on their faces from using cell phones against their ears. I support H”
- Research & federal duties: “pulations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank ”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “rrent research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal researc”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of myself.
My face gets hot when I hold my phone to my face. When I drive, I used to wear ear buds that plugged into my phone in order to keep the phone off my face. But my iPhone became outdated and the new updated iPhone I bought does not have the audio plug in for my earbuds. I do not want to use a bluetooth because it gives me headaches. This technology is dangerous and iPhone should provide an option on their phones to allow an audio port to allow for plug in headset or earpiece. I have friends who have cancer on their faces from using cell phones against their ears.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.