AI summary & topic connections

A truck driver reports repeated facial cancer treatments after extensive right-ear phone and Bluetooth use, plus a right-eye cataract and headlight-related headaches. Supports HHS research and attention to vulnerable groups; the account does not establish causation.

  • Cancer & tumors: “of myself. I am a truck driver and have had repeated cancer on the right side of my face since 2015. I am right ha”
  • Occupational exposure: “t the greater portion of my day on the phone routing drivers. Due to the repeated cancer treatments that included ”
  • LED headlights & glare: “ision driving at night has become blurry and headlights, especially blue ones give me headaches. My doctor reported that my left eye”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “and headlights, especially blue ones give me headaches. My doctor reported that my left eye is perfectly fine”
  • Research & federal duties: “pulations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank ”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “rrent research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal researc”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of myself. I am a truck driver and have had repeated cancer on the right side of my face since 2015. I am right handed and had always held my cell phone to my right ear. When I learned of bluetooth earpieces I bought one and wore it on my right ear. As a driver as well as a dispatcher for 7 other drivers I spent the greater portion of my day on the phone routing drivers. Due to the repeated cancer treatments that included my cheek, around my ear I moved the bluetooth to my left ear. This month I went in to my eye doctor because my vision driving at night has become blurry and headlights, especially blue ones give me headaches. My doctor reported that my left eye is perfectly fine but that my right eye has a cateract that should be removed soon as it affects my ability to drive my truck at night. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.