AI summary & topic connections
Reports better sleep when Wi-Fi is switched off, draws an analogy with brain stimulation and asks for research into sleep effects.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “I enabled devices (especially the router) are turned OFF that I get much better sleep throughout the night. I've tried putting them away hours before bed, or setting them in other rooms”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “I'm a bit of a computer nerd, and I have noticed that when all of my WIFI enabled devices (especially the router) are turned OFF that I get much better sleep throughout the ”
- Research & federal duties: “bled is completely turned off, and would like to see more in depth and advanced research on the subject, specifically sleep studies.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I'm a bit of a computer nerd, and I have noticed that when all of my WIFI enabled devices (especially the router) are turned OFF that I get much better sleep throughout the night. I've tried putting them away hours before bed, or setting them in other rooms but disabling them completely seems to provide me with better sleep consistently, I used to think (noticeable) RF interference with the human body was a pseudoscientific waste of time but seeing the success of electromagnetic brain stimulation as treatment for depression in people got me thinking that maybe WIFI and other RF signals could interact with and possibly disrupt the brains natural electrical fields especially during sleep when our brains organize and repair themselves. I'm not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination, I have just noticed that I get better, fuller, deep sleep when everything WIFI enabled is completely turned off, and would like to see more in depth and advanced research on the subject, specifically sleep studies.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.