AI summary & topic connections
The commenter describes rooftop towers at a workplace, sleep problems and relocation, followed by local advocacy for stronger wireless-siting ordinances.
- Towers & siting: “building where I operated my Vocational School was rented out to AT&T for three 3 G cell towers within feet of where I worked daily. I searched diligently for an alternate location, and was told by my landlord I'd be out on the street in 30 days if I did not sign a 3-5 year”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “y told me they had no control over the placement of the towers, only their aesthetics. My nervous system was highly impacted- I had a hard time sleeping in the city therafter where RFR was more concentrated. In order to sleep at night, I moved to the mountains of Painted Cave away fr”
- Occupational exposure: “Vocational School was rented out to AT&T for three 3 G cell towers within feet of where I worked daily. I searched diligently for an alternate location, and was told by my landlord I'd be out on the street in 30 days if I did not sign a 3-5 year lease. The towers went live ”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “month of my occupancy before I found an alternative location. SB City told me they had no control over the placement of the towers, only their aesthetics. My nervous system was highly impacted- I had a hard time sleeping in the city therafter where RFR was more concentrated. In ord”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “Vocational School was rented out to AT&T for three 3 G cell towers within feet of where I worked daily. I searched diligently for an alternate location, and was told by my landlord I'd be out on the street in 30 days if I did not sign a 3-5 year lease. The towers went live ”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
In 2001 the roof of the building where I operated my Vocational School was rented out to AT&T for three 3 G cell towers within feet of where I worked daily. I searched diligently for an alternate location, and was told by my landlord I'd be out on the street in 30 days if I did not sign a 3-5 year lease. The towers went live the last month of my occupancy before I found an alternative location. SB City told me they had no control over the placement of the towers, only their aesthetics. My nervous system was highly impacted- I had a hard time sleeping in the city therafter where RFR was more concentrated. In order to sleep at night, I moved to the mountains of Painted Cave away from the RFR fields. In 2019 when SB City decided to upgrade their Wireless Ordinance, I collaborated with local citizens in forming Safetechnology for Santa Barbara County to educate our local officials in the harms of RFR and how a well writtten ordinance is essential to give the city planners the capacity to deny unneccesary and harmful cell towers from proliferating our neighborhoods. My husband and I invested my own savings to hire the best attorney in the country for this endeavor: Andrew Campanelli and our members met with our City Council regularly and made weekly public comment. We were successful within our City, and but our County has been a much more difficult hurdle. Many years later after many therapies, I am able to sleep in the City of Santa Barbara
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.