AI summary & topic connections
Reports headaches and nausea after a Wi-Fi 6 upgrade and similar symptoms on flights, while explicitly declining to claim a proven medical mechanism. Requests research on possible sensitivity to newer wireless environments and clearer communication of evidence and uncertainty.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “two years I have developed what feels like a new sensitivity to certain wireless equipment. I had not had this problem with similar devices befor”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “ before. After I upgraded my home network to Wi-Fi 6 and plugged in the new router, I immediately developed”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “in the new router, I immediately developed a severe headache and nausea. Both stopped when I unplugged the router. I now keep ”
- Research & federal duties: “ent pattern in my own life and urging HHS to support research into whether some people have become more sensitive to”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment as an individual, based on my own recent experience.
In the last two years I have developed what feels like a new sensitivity to certain wireless equipment. I had not had this problem with similar devices before.
After I upgraded my home network to Wi-Fi 6 and plugged in the new router, I immediately developed a severe headache and nausea. Both stopped when I unplugged the router. I now keep it in a separate room. If I spend more than a few minutes in that room, the headache and nausea return.
I have also had similar headaches, with a burning sensation, on recent flights. I believe this may be related to in-flight Wi-Fi.
I now avoid Bluetooth headphones and generally keep my distance from this kind of equipment.
I am not claiming this proves a specific medical mechanism. I am reporting a consistent pattern in my own life and urging HHS to support research into whether some people have become more sensitive to RF/EMF, including newer Wi-Fi generations and dense wireless environments (homes, aircraft). Distinguishing established evidence from emerging findings and uncertainty would help families and policymakers.
Thank you for considering public input.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.