AI summary & topic connections

Recounts work at a tower company and a radiation-awareness class, including operators’ reports of infertility and symptoms. Describes subsequent avoidance of nearby towers and concern about public awareness. Recalled safety rules and health claims are unverified.

  • Occupational exposure: “e about the cells and what our engineers and operators would be exposed to while setting these up. The class ”
  • Reproduction & pregnancy: “ been setting up these towers, they were now sterile and were having many uncomfortable symptoms. They had ”
  • Towers & siting: “ose of our department was the collocation of cell towers internationally, and I was working in Business Develo”
  • Housing, work & access barriers: “ers to my home, office, schools, etc. I have cancelled appointments, hotel rooms, etc because of the cells location on roof tops. It ma”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “ the locations of towers to my home, office, schools, etc. I have cancelled appointments, hotel rooms, etc ”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
In 2000 I started my first job working for a cell phone tower company in the Northern Virginia area. The purpose of our department was the collocation of cell towers internationally, and I was working in Business Development. Our Director of Engineering, who was one of the most intelligent people I have ever met, refused to carry a cell phone. He would say, "I know too much". When he would travel overseas, we would have to set up times to call him on a land line. He was the first person to ever openly tell me about the dangers of the radiation emitted from these devices and most importantly, the cells on the towers. We had to take a radiation awareness class to understand more about the cells and what our engineers and operators would be exposed to while setting these up. The class was overwhelmingly terrifying. Two of the operators said that since they had been setting up these towers, they were now sterile and were having many uncomfortable symptoms. They had never been told that this could be a consequence of their work. This class we set up after the fact. We were told in this class that no one should ever been within 100 feet of a cell town for more than 10 minutes at a time. Operators had to rotate while installation and had max times next to the towers. The radiation would cause permanent damage. This changed my life. Since that day I am very conscious about the locations of towers to my home, office, schools, etc. I have cancelled appointments, hotel rooms, etc because of the cells location on roof tops. It makes my stomach sick when I see cell towers constructed right next to people's homes and all over city rooftops and even churches and schools. The money that is offered to these people so they will have these on their land sometimes is just too good for them to resist. But, who is taking these awareness classes on the radiation now? No one. At least not that I am aware of. The damage is done and now it's emitting from even more devices than ever before.