AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports recurring symptoms while visiting a tower-adjacent home and perceived relief with a commercial device, requesting stronger tower setbacks.
- Towers & siting: “That’s when we noticed the cell tower at the bottom of his street, beside The Home Depot.”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “I started to feel dizzy, spaced out, and got a headache, symptoms which persisted through the weekend that we were there.”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “A quick check online confirmed that the tower was on the borderline for an unsafe distance from our son’s living space.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. My adult son purchased a condo in North Bergen, NJ. On the day he took possession, we drove down from Canada with his belongings. As the guys unloaded, I cleaned the already-clean kitchen with my non-toxic cleaning supplies. I started to feel dizzy, spaced out, and got a headache, symptoms which persisted through the weekend that we were there. I thought it might be mold, so I ran diffusers with tea tree oil and we ensured vents and ductwork were clean. We returned a couple weeks later, and the same symptoms started up again. On our third visit, when the snow had cleared we ventured out for a walk with our two little dogs. That’s when we noticed the cell tower at the bottom of his street, beside The Home Depot. I was immediately concerned, so we paced it out on the way back to his condo. A quick check online confirmed that the tower was on the borderline for an unsafe distance from our son’s living space. The next time we came to visit, the symptoms again returned… until the guys unloaded and brought up a Qi Home device that we decided our son’s condo needed more than our home did, since we live further from the closest cell towers and I do not have any symptoms (even since removing the device). Within a half hour of the device being placed in my son’s condo, my symptoms resolved and have never returned any time we’ve visited him since then. Thankfully, my son did not have the same sensitivity, but that doesn’t mean his health was not being negatively affected by the cell tower radiation (he did complain of fatigue and brain fog before we gave him the device, but hasn’t complained since). I am glad we had that Qi Home device, which cost several thousand dollars. Most people would not be able to afford that, and should not have to remediate radiation from a cell tower erected too close to their homes. People like me are the canaries in the coal mine, we are sounding the alarm and must be listened to. Cell towers should be better regulated, to ensure safer buffers between them and living spaces, so that people like me don’t feel sick, and everyone long-term doesn’t get sick from constant exposure. Please take our stories seriously and move the towers further away from where people live. Thank you for reading.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.