AI summary & topic connections

A former laboratory worker reports longstanding EMF hypersensitivity and barriers to insurance coverage and workplace accommodation, requesting investigation and medical recognition.

  • Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I have been suffering from EMF hypersensitivity for almost 10 years now.”
  • Occupational exposure: “I worked for many years at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where high-voltage power lines run across the lab, and RF communication with deep space occurs, so the EMF environment is very intense.”
  • Housing, work & access barriers: “I worked for many years at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where high-voltage power lines run across the lab, and RF communication with deep space occurs, so the EMF environment is very intense.”
  • Power lines, wiring & solar: “I worked for many years at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where high-voltage power lines run across the lab, and RF communication with deep space occurs, so the EMF environment is very intense.”
  • Research & federal duties: “My symptoms started gradually, and it took me a while to figure out the root cause.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I have been suffering from EMF hypersensitivity for almost 10 years now. I worked for many years at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where high-voltage power lines run across the lab, and RF communication with deep space occurs, so the EMF environment is very intense. My symptoms started gradually, and it took me a while to figure out the root cause. In addition, I used to use my iPhones regularly, speaking on them frequently. The last 10 years have been very difficult for me because my condition is not recognized, and I'm not able to get my insurance to pay for all the holistic treatments that have kept me going. I can hardly ask for accommodations at work because, again, my condition is not recognized. Please investigate this condition! I have found some research papers online that examine the effect of EMF on living beings and humans in particular, but the medical community is very behind and narrow-minded. They don't use critical thinking and assume that if they didn't learn about a condition in school, it must not be true! But technology has expanded so rapidly that the medical curriculum has not had a chance to keep up with this. I'm so grateful that this condition is finally being examined, and I am confident that we will soon have enough evidence that new regulations will be enforced and it will save lives.