AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports palpitations and weakness after nearby rooftop transmitter installation, perceived improvement with shielding and relocation, and requests stronger siting and exposure rules.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “Hello, and thank you for taking an interest in EMF sensitivities. I have experienced a very strong reaction to cell phone radiation signals. I used to live in a high rise apartment in a city center. I have long been sensitive to chemicals and a”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “ rest. I felt better there, so I returned to the kitchen. As I walked into the kitchen my heart began to POUND, like it was demanding to escape from my chest. I went back into the living room and it stopped. I returned to the kitchen and it started to POUND once again. I cou”
- Towers & siting: “nt building, approximately 150 meters away from ours, a small forest of cell phone signal transmitters was installed. Our apartment was a corner unit, with the kitchen facing this building; the living room facing in a different direction. After the transmitters were installed, I w”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “hield silver threaded covers along all the outside walls of our apartment, turned off all wifi, and kept cell phones on the windowsills outside the Swiss Shield curtains. I have never again experienced any heart troubles and I have never (before or since) been diagnosed wit”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “eable effect - a true scientific experiment, as it were. I also looked up the cell signal regulations, and found that these signal towers are placed on top of buildings because it is assumed that this would be safe because the signals at street level are much lower - but there”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Hello, and thank you for taking an interest in EMF sensitivities.
I have experienced a very strong reaction to cell phone radiation signals. I used to live in a high rise apartment in a city center. I have long been sensitive to chemicals and air pollution, but had never experienced EMF sensitivities prior to this experience. On the roof of the next high rise apartment building, approximately 150 meters away from ours, a small forest of cell phone signal transmitters was installed. Our apartment was a corner unit, with the kitchen facing this building; the living room facing in a different direction. After the transmitters were installed, I was cooking in the kitchen when I suddenly felt so weak I could not stand up. I turned off the stove and went into the living room to rest. I felt better there, so I returned to the kitchen. As I walked into the kitchen my heart began to POUND, like it was demanding to escape from my chest. I went back into the living room and it stopped. I returned to the kitchen and it started to POUND once again. I could not go into the kitchen without my heart going crazy, but I was fine in the living room. I hired a building biologist to test our apartment, and he found EXTREMELY high levels of EMFs and made some recommendations for remediation. We immediately installed Swiss Shield silver threaded covers along all the outside walls of our apartment, turned off all wifi, and kept cell phones on the windowsills outside the Swiss Shield curtains. I have never again experienced any heart troubles and I have never (before or since) been diagnosed with any heart problems. My experiences demonstrated a very clear and reproduceable effect - a true scientific experiment, as it were. I also looked up the cell signal regulations, and found that these signal towers are placed on top of buildings because it is assumed that this would be safe because the signals at street level are much lower - but there is no regulation requiring these transmitters to be distanced from other buildings, including apartments, offices, etc. A few months after this event, I moved out of the city to a semi-rural area where there are very weak signals (and we do not use WIFI or cellphones), less air pollution, and generally a much healthier physical environment, and my health has significantly improved. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the cell phone signals were the cause of my serious heart irregularities. I will attach photos of this cell signal system. I will also attach copies of the signal strength assessment which was done in this apartment, and the recommended international electromagnetic field exposure guidelines. As can be seen on these guidelines, signal strengths greater than 1000 are considered "extreme" and in my kitchen (the lower left room in the mapping illustration) the signal strength (before the Swiss Shield was installed) reached as high as 12,000, which was then (with the Swiss Shield) lowered to 820 - still high, but obviously much less extreme. I am not the only person affected by these and, in fact, I know several other individuals. Unfortunately, most individuals never learn what is the cause of their illnesses because doctors are not taught about this, and governments do not adequately regulate these. THESE INVISIBLE SIGNALS MUST BE BETTER REGULATED. Thank you for your help with this problem.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.