AI summary & topic connections
The commenter describes longstanding sensitivity, specific symptoms and housing difficulties, notes other illnesses not attributed to EMF, and reports using wired peripherals and restricted phone functions.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I have been sensitive to EMF for about ten years. I have very specific, severe symptoms when too close to a router (especially the newer ones), microwave, smart meters. I have spinal cord damage and once exp”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “ive to EMF for about ten years. I have very specific, severe symptoms when too close to a router (especially the newer ones), microwave, smart meters. I have spinal cord damage and once experienced a serious electric shock and my neurologist says these may explain my sensiti”
- Smart meters: “cific, severe symptoms when too close to a router (especially the newer ones), microwave, smart meters. I have spinal cord damage and once experienced a serious electric shock and my neurologist says these may explain my sensitivity. I have other health issues (age 75) and do no”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “I use a wired keyboard and mouse and can use a computer that way, though after a few hours I will have burning sensations in my hands. I have an IPhone 8 and keep cellular date, wifi and bluet”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “I have been sensitive to EMF for about ten years. I have very specific, severe symptoms when too close to a router (especially the newer ones), microwave, smart meters. I have spinal cord damage and o”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I have been sensitive to EMF for about ten years. I have very specific, severe symptoms when too close to a router (especially the newer ones), microwave, smart meters. I have spinal cord damage and once experienced a serious electric shock and my neurologist says these may explain my sensitivity.
I have other health issues (age 75) and do not attribute them to sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation. I am careful not to misattribute.
I can prove objectively that my sensitivity is real. For instance, I can locate a router on the floor in the apartment above me. If they put it on a table, I am okay. Visiting a friend, I started having symptoms, and asked if there was a router nearby and there was.
I use a wired keyboard and mouse and can use a computer that way, though after a few hours I will have burning sensations in my hands. I have an IPhone 8 and keep cellular date, wifi and bluetooth off unless I need to check GPS or texts once/day.
My first symptoms, oddly are cramps, a kind of cramps I don't get with any other trigger. In fact all my EHS symptoms are specific to that problem. The cramps are followed by burning sensations, chills throughout my body, chest pressure and adrenal surges.This can last days in some cases. Sensitivity appears to be cumulative (rain barrell effect) and I try to avoid getting worse.
I have trouble finding housing. Cell phones on subways are starting to be an issue. But housing is the hardest since I am a renter in apartment buildings.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.