AI summary & topic connections
Reports nighttime hot flashes and awakenings in a home with connected temperature controls and perceived improvement after moving to a home with older technology.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “s not in the bedroom but in the hall about 30 feet from where we slept. I would wake up multiple times a night with horrific hot flashes right before the air conditioning system would kick on. I a”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
When I was 55 years old, my then boyfriend had a home with a smart meter thermostat that was not in the bedroom but in the hall about 30 feet from where we slept. I would wake up multiple times a night with horrific hot flashes right before the air conditioning system would kick on. I am convinced my extreme discomfort had something to do with the electronic device. When we broke up and I started staying in my apartment which had much older technology, the hot flashes suddenly stopped.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.