AI summary & topic connections
Reports environmental hypersensitivity since 1990, restrictions on device use and outdoor activity, and reliance on a lower-exposure home for recovery. Supports HHS research and attention to vulnerable groups.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “ter, and need to avoid areas outside with too much emf's. This is an illness of hypersensitivity to environmental factors including emfs. I have had this since 1990 and too much emf makes me sick”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “ve of a patient. Wireless radiation affects me every day of my life. I have to restrict time on the cell phone, computer, and need to avoid areas outside with too much emf's. This is an illnes”
- Towers & siting: “ can recover. Each time the cell phones change to a higher G it gets worse. If Cell towers were too near my home it would have devastating health affects. It is imperative that HHS address ”
- Research & federal duties: “ticular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families w”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “tific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public heal”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of a patient.
Wireless radiation affects me every day of my life. I have to restrict time on the cell phone, computer, and need to avoid areas outside with too much emf's. This is an illness of hypersensitivity to environmental factors including emfs. I have had this since 1990 and too much emf makes me sick and weak. It is hard to avoid because it is so prevalent everywhere. I have to retreat to my home where I have less exposure and can recover. Each time the cell phones change to a higher G it gets worse. If Cell towers were too near my home it would have devastating health affects. It is imperative that HHS address this issue.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.