AI summary & topic connections
Reports longstanding insomnia and perceived improvement after switching off wireless equipment at night on a physician’s suggestion. Requests research into chronic exposure and attention to vulnerable populations.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “trouble sleeping”
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “sensitive to wireless radiation”
- Research & federal duties: “research priorities”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “children”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of my own experience. Six months ago, I had been having trouble sleeping through the night. No matter what supplements or calming medicine I took, I would often wake up feeling very alert and I could lay there for hours trying to get back to sleep, and if I did it would only last about an hour and I would wake up again; I felt highly stimulated and could not relax - I could not figure out what was going on. This had been going on for many years. One of my physicians suggested that I might be sensitive to wireless radiation and suggested that I turn off the wireless at night. I began doing that and immediately I felt differently. I did not have that stimulated feeling (like I wanted to get up and move around).
If I sleep anywhere where I cannot turn off the wireless, I have trouble relaxing and sleeping. As soon as I come home and turn off the wireless at night, I sleep well.
I am not a scientific researcher, but I am well aware that there are many, many studies that prove that wireless radiation can adversely affect your health. We have so much chronic disease in this country and deep sleep is essential for good health - there are no exceptions to that.
HHS should address this issue; they are very concerned about chronic health and I believe the wireless radiation is one more huge stress on the body that keeps the body from healing and good health. You cannot be healthy when you are constantly stimulated in "fight and flight" mode and can't get good sleep where your body repairs itself.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Those who profit from wireless radiation must not be allowed to harm the entire population. A physically sick society cannot create a healthy, thriving nation. It just won't happen. The government must understand that.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.