AI summary & topic connections
Reports tinnitus and vertigo in an urban wireless environment, with no further vertigo after moving to lower-exposure acreage. Supports HHS research and attention to vulnerable groups.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “tinnitus and severe vertigo”
- Smart meters: “smart meters”
- Towers & siting: “cell towers”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “wi-fi”
- Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “children and other potentially vulnerable populations”
- Environmental effects: “all life in the environment”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public and as one who is negatively affected by man-made electromagnetic radiation.
I personally suffer from tinnitus and severe vertigo. When I was living in a city with smart meters, cell towers, neighbors wi-fi, etc. my symptoms were becoming more severe as time went by. About 2 years, ago we moved to an acreage where the emf levels are low the great majority of the time and since we have moved here I have not had any more vertigo attacks. In my opinion, man-made electromagnetic radiation is the latest, greatest environmental pollutant and it has become ubiquitous in our present world. Many people as well as all life in the environment is negatively affected, as we have evolved to function in the natural electromagnetic environment.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.