AI summary & topic connections

Reports sleep disruption during urban hotel stays and describes friends’ attributed wireless symptoms and access limitations. Supports HHS research, attention to children and consideration of experiences alongside scientific evidence.

  • Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “insomnia and disrupted sleep patterns”
  • Electromagnetic sensitivity: “They are incredibly sensitive to these frequencies”
  • Housing, work & access barriers: “it has affected where they can live and visit”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “give particular attention to children”
  • Environmental effects: “potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public. Although I have not knowingly been harmed by wireless radiation, I have noticed insomnia and disrupted sleep patterns when I stay at hotels in larger cities where the exposure is more pronounced than when I’m home. I also have friends who believe that wireless radiation exposure has led them to have headaches, brain fog, memory issues, and tinnitus. They are incredibly sensitive to these frequencies and it has affected where they can live and visit. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.