AI summary & topic connections

The commenter raises concerns about data-center electricity and water use, reports personal and neighborhood symptoms, and requests contemporary health research.

  • Power lines, wiring & solar: “The data centers demand for electricity and water has dramatically changed the environment.”
  • Environmental effects: “The data centers demand for electricity and water has dramatically changed the environment.”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “Since their proliferation I personally have experienced headaches (never had any before), mood swings, and colds (had some colds very infrequently).”
  • Research & federal duties: “I am an individual submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “Since their proliferation I personally have experienced headaches (never had any before), mood swings, and colds (had some colds very infrequently).”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am an individual submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a parent, family member, and concerned member of the public. Wireless radiation has affected me and my family. I currently live in Virgina a state with the greatest number of data centers in the nation. The data centers demand for electricity and water has dramatically changed the environment. Peoples wells are drying up, predators have been displaced and now seek to make their homes close to where people live, and lastly these menaces (data centers) require large amounts of electricity to keep them cool. Their need for electricity has driven a massive push to build high current lines that a currently honeycombing Virginia. Since their proliferation I personally have experienced headaches (never had any before), mood swings, and colds (had some colds very infrequently). There are several neighbors that have mentioned that they are on antidepressant for the first time in their lives. To me this makes sense since we really are electrical beings. Our nervous systems are a honeycomb of wires that run through our bodies to keep us working, healthy, and strong. Disrupt the wiring in the data center with Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure and the centers will begin to break down just as biological life breaks down when exposed to the before mentioned. A burning question I have is, why our protector that we pay taxes to every year (our government) has permitted the proliferation of things that cause Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure without proper current studiers? It seems that our government is nothing more than a bullying mafia organization. The last study I was able to find on the effect of Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure is dated 1978 and it was for ancient technology compared to what we have today which are much stronger field generators. Could it be that they do not want to know the answer so as not to have to deal with it? I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.