AI summary & topic connections

The commenter relates an account of birth defects near power lines and requests HHS research on exposure and vulnerable populations.

  • Power lines, wiring & solar: “I know when I was younger a family in the Netherlands who were living under high voltage transmission lines, the effect was that all their new born children had birth defects.”
  • Reproduction & pregnancy: “I was younger a family in the Netherlands who were living under high voltage transmission lines, the effect was that all their new born children had birth defects.”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “I know when I was younger a family in the Netherlands who were living under high voltage transmission lines, the effect was that all their new born children had birth defects.”
  • Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public. Signals from LTE – 4G and 5G transmitters are the same frequency as from a home microwave. People are 24/7 exposed to those signals, it’s like living inside a microwave. I know when I was younger a family in the Netherlands who were living under high voltage transmission lines, the effect was that all their new born children had birth defects. And this is only a frequency of 50/60 Hertz but a huge EMF due to the high voltage and current passing through those power lines. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.