AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports sensitivity and head pressure near a wireless modem, perceived improvement after switching to Ethernet, and support for further research.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public who has become electro-magnetic sensitive.”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “After some time and experiencing like my brain was swelling with nowhere to go,”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “So, I ran CAT-5 internet cables to my 2 computers”
- Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of a concerned member of the public who has become electro-magnetic sensitive.
My EMR issues started in 2012 when I had a wireless modem installed in my home and I placed it on my desk instead of mounting
the modem farther away in the room and up on the wall. After some time and experiencing like my brain was swelling with nowhere to go,
It was trapped in the scull and a feeling of claustophobia came over me. I looked at the modem and saw that there was a switch to turn
the wireless feature off which I did. But now no signal to the computer for internet. So, I ran CAT-5 internet cables to my 2 computers
from the modem to the ethernet ports on the computers. I also turned off the wireless and blue tooth fearures in the software in the computer.
I also turned of the wireless and bluetooth features in my phone and moved my smart phone away away from me to near the front door
After 30 minutes the brain swelling disapated and the feeling of claustophobia went away.
went away.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I produced a video on You Tube about the dangers about EMR damage
to society. Sincerely, Paul A. Hackman Stone Mountain, Georgia
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard. Sincerely, Paul A. Hackman Stone Mountain, Georgia
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.