AI summary & topic connections

The commenter describes shielding a home near a tower, using wired connections and limiting Wi-Fi, and requests research attentive to children.

  • Towers & siting: “When they built a cell tower too close to my home, we had to spent a great deal of money to hire people to evaluate how we could protect ourselves from it.”
  • Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
  • Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “We are hard-wired to the internet.”
  • Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “I am someone who is personally negatively affected by wireless radiation.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am someone who is personally negatively affected by wireless radiation. When they built a cell tower too close to my home, we had to spent a great deal of money to hire people to evaluate how we could protect ourselves from it. Special paints. Special curtains. We are hard-wired to the internet. We do have a wifi router we can use but we cover it with special radiation reducing materials and we limit the times we use it. This personal. And many more suffer a lot more than me from it's effects. 5G is even worse. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.