AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports EMR syndrome with severe limitations on travel, family visits and community participation, and describes costly shielding and wired alternatives.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I suffer from what has been called EMR-syndrome, electromagnetic radiation syndrome. When I am near anyone using a cellphone or in an area where the WiFi is at a high level, I suffer from dizziness, light-headedness, heart pal”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “etic radiation syndrome. When I am near anyone using a cellphone or in an area where the WiFi is at a high level, I suffer from dizziness, light-headedness, heart palpitations, feelings of intense anxiety and afterwards, intense exhaustion. For every hour that I am in WiF”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “r anyone using a cellphone or in an area where the WiFi is at a high level, I suffer from dizziness, light-headedness, heart palpitations, feelings of intense anxiety and afterwards, intense exhaustion. For every hour that I am in WiFi, I need at least an hour-long nap, sometim”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “ in an area where the WiFi is at a high level, I suffer from dizziness, light-headedness, heart palpitations, feelings of intense anxiety and afterwards, intense exhaustion. For every hour that I am in WiFi, I need at least an hour-long nap, sometimes two. For this reason,”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “le). I am unable to travel to any foreign country. I do not own a cellphone. I have an ethernet cable for my laptop. I have no microwave. I opted out of smart meters (and pay extra for having done so). I know only one person in the whole world who doesn't own a cellphone ”
- Smart meters: “cellphone. I have an ethernet cable for my laptop. I have no microwave. I opted out of smart meters (and pay extra for having done so). I know only one person in the whole world who doesn't own a cellphone (besides my husband).”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “e gave me explicit, detailed recommendations which I follow "religiously." I live a very secluded life, unable to enjoy the benefits of living in a vibrant community. When I go out into "Wifi-land" (which is virtually everywhere), I have to wear special clothing with silver t”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I suffer from what has been called EMR-syndrome, electromagnetic radiation syndrome. When I am near anyone using a cellphone or in an area where the WiFi is at a high level, I suffer from dizziness, light-headedness, heart palpitations, feelings of intense anxiety and afterwards, intense exhaustion. For every hour that I am in WiFi, I need at least an hour-long nap, sometimes two. For this reason, I no longer go to church, or to concerts or plays. I do not volunteer in the community or go to the gym. I do not eat in restaurants. I never travel, for airports are the worst (after hospitals). When my husband is in the hospital (five times last year), I can only be with him for 45 minutes at the most. I come home exhausted. I cannot fly to see my children and grandchildren, nor go to the weddings or funerals of family members. I am safe in my home. I hired a building biologist to go through my entire home, looking for high levels of radiation, magnetic fields, and dirty electricity. She gave me explicit, detailed recommendations which I follow "religiously." I live a very secluded life, unable to enjoy the benefits of living in a vibrant community. When I go out into "Wifi-land" (which is virtually everywhere), I have to wear special clothing with silver threads woven through the fabric and hats with silver lining. I pay hundreds of dollars for these pieces of clothing (e.g., $277 just for a tailor-made camisole). I am unable to travel to any foreign country. I do not own a cellphone. I have an ethernet cable for my laptop. I have no microwave. I opted out of smart meters (and pay extra for having done so). I know only one person in the whole world who doesn't own a cellphone (besides my husband).
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.