AI summary & topic connections

Describes personal RF measurements near a tower, phones and microwave ovens, with greater concern about phones operating under weak-signal conditions. Makes claims about cataracts, tumors and infertility and proposes distance precautions; the measurements and causal claims have not been independently assessed.

  • Towers & siting: “sed my own Radio Frequency (RF) spectrum analyzer. I find that I can detect the cell phone tower about a hundred yards from my apartment, but the intensity of radiation is orders of magnitude lowe”
  • Cancer & tumors: “acts is due to RF exposure from cell phones. RF exposure is also known to cause brain tumors and infertility. RF towers handling high data rates, such as from data centers or military install”
  • Reproduction & pregnancy: “ exposure from cell phones. RF exposure is also known to cause brain tumors and infertility. RF towers handling high data rates, such as from data centers or military installations have well”
  • Proposed biological mechanisms: “ll phones use the same RF frequencies as microwave ovens. Those frequencies are resonant with water: They heat water efficiently. About half of the microwave ovens that I test leak RF; and the direct”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Out of concern for my own health I purchased my own Radio Frequency (RF) spectrum analyzer. I find that I can detect the cell phone tower about a hundred yards from my apartment, but the intensity of radiation is orders of magnitude lower than would concern me. The multiple antennas on the tower look like a phased array, which beam signals to cell phones, and reduce the RF radiation spilled in other directions. So as long as I don't have a cell phone, I am not worried. When testing cell phones, the power levels that they emit are usually a few times below the level that concerns me. However, they do rise to as much as ten times dangerous levels when the cell phone has a weak signal. I also don't want to be in the beam from the cell phone tower. I believe that the huge increase in cataracts is due to RF exposure from cell phones. RF exposure is also known to cause brain tumors and infertility. RF towers handling high data rates, such as from data centers or military installations have well known hazards to those within a quarter mile. Cell phones use the same RF frequencies as microwave ovens. Those frequencies are resonant with water: They heat water efficiently. About half of the microwave ovens that I test leak RF; and the directions of emission vary greatly. A crack as long as a centimeter is sufficient to be a dangerous leak. Therefore I recommend that people stand at least two meters (six feet) from an operating microwave oven, because at that distance the power usually drops to safe levels. Exceptions must be made for rooms which have conducting walls, where constructive interference can amplify the radiation in locations far from the oven.