AI summary & topic connections
Reports hand nerve pain, tingling and numbness associated with cellphone use. Cites a news story and argues that insurance exclusions reflect concerns about long-term wireless health risks.
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “I get nerve pain in my left hand when holding a cellphone.”
- Cancer & tumors: “long-term health issues like cancer or Alzheimer's disease”
- Research & federal duties: “Here's the original news story:”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Hello I hope this helps but ever since I am have using a cellphone over the last 20 years I get nerve pain in my left hand when holding a cellphone. I also notice tingling and numbness when placing my cellphone next to my head or even in the proximity of holding the phone ten inches away.
Even the insurance industry recognized the health risks, in 1999, underwriters at Lloyd's of London (specifically underwriting groups like Stirling) refused to insure mobile phone manufacturers against the risk of health damage lawsuits. Why Cover Was Denied Health Concerns: Insurers worried that cell phones would be linked to long-term health issues like cancer or Alzheimer's disease. Liability Fears: Underwriters did not want to cover the cost if manufacturers were sued over radiation or health risks. Electromagnetic Exclusions: Over time, the market adopted broad general exclusions (such as Electromagnetic Fields Exclusions) to limit liability related to long-term non-ionizing radiation exposure from devices.
Here's the original news story: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/apr/11/sarahryle.theobserver
Hope this helps and would love to keep updated on news and how I could help, I am a health researcher and founder of Biohackers United not to mention an Army Veteran.
Best Regards,
Brian Rose
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.