AI summary & topic connections

A parent requests safety research before wider exposure and expresses concerns about cancer and children's health.

  • Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in respuuonse to HHS's Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research pbriorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.”
  • Cancer & tumors: “Instead of experimenting on the whole community and watching as reports of increased disease and cancer come in, we need to know what studies show us about their safety.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in respuuonse to HHS's Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a parent and community member. Many types of radiation exposyure have not been fully tested so that we know how safe or harmful they are. Many scientists believe some are incompatible with life. Instead of experimenting on the whole community and watching as reports of increased disease and cancer come in, we need to know what studies show us about their safety. It's not OK to expose people to dangerous environments so wthat big corporations can make a ton of money. Corporations need to become more resyponsible. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research pbriorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.