AI summary & topic connections
The commenter reports diagnosed sensitivity, costly meter opt-outs and difficulty accessing care, describes alleged implant interference, and requests accommodations, wired options and investigation rather than claiming proven causation.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “icane, Washington County, Utah, diagnosed with electromagnetic radiation (EMR) syndrome / electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I ask HHS to treat wireless infrastructure and smart utility meters as a public-health issue, not only an FCC engineering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shiel”
- Smart meters: “romagnetic hypersensitivity. I ask HHS to treat wireless infrastructure and smart utility meters as a public-health issue, not only an FCC engineering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shielded my home, yet I remain isolated. Symptoms include loss of balance,”
- Towers & siting: “district refused a medical opt-out. Neighboring meters and Wi-Fi reach my property.A cell tower was placed next to my home on Water Conservancy District land without notice or environmental review, then expanded to additional antennas and 5G. After activation in 2013, cell s”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “ smart utility meters as a public-health issue, not only an FCC engineering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shielded my home, yet I remain isolated. Symptoms include loss of balance, headaches, chest pain, anemia, elevated blood sugar, hypotension, increased ”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “neering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shielded my home, yet I remain isolated. Symptoms include loss of balance, headaches, chest pain, anemia, elevated blood sugar, hypotension, increased heart rate, insomnia, worsening autoimmune problems, and repeated ”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “s of balance, headaches, chest pain, anemia, elevated blood sugar, hypotension, increased heart rate, insomnia, worsening autoimmune problems, and repeated infections. Outdoor walking and medical visits are difficult. Hospitals I have used offer no low-EMF accommodations.I p”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “ernet and have shielded my home, yet I remain isolated. Symptoms include loss of balance, headaches, chest pain, anemia, elevated blood sugar, hypotension, increased heart rate, insomnia, worsening autoimmune problems, and repeated infections. Outdoor walking and medical visits”
- Research & federal duties: “d with electromagnetic radiation (EMR) syndrome / electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I ask HHS to treat wireless infrastructure and smart utility meters as a public-health issue, not only an FCC engineering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shielded my home”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “at wireless infrastructure and smart utility meters as a public-health issue, not only an FCC engineering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shielded my home, yet I remain isolated. Symptoms include loss of balance, headaches, chest pain, anemia, elevated b”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am a resident of Hurricane, Washington County, Utah, diagnosed with electromagnetic radiation (EMR) syndrome / electromagnetic hypersensitivity. I ask HHS to treat wireless infrastructure and smart utility meters as a public-health issue, not only an FCC engineering issue.I use a landline and wired Ethernet and have shielded my home, yet I remain isolated. Symptoms include loss of balance, headaches, chest pain, anemia, elevated blood sugar, hypotension, increased heart rate, insomnia, worsening autoimmune problems, and repeated infections. Outdoor walking and medical visits are difficult. Hospitals I have used offer no low-EMF accommodations.I paid $228 plus $22 a month to opt out of the electric smart meter. That meter produced average wiring interference above 1,650 mV; an analog meter later measured about 20 mV, but I was charged $380 and $48 a month. The water district refused a medical opt-out. Neighboring meters and Wi-Fi reach my property.A cell tower was placed next to my home on Water Conservancy District land without notice or environmental review, then expanded to additional antennas and 5G. After activation in 2013, cell service fell from about four bars to none or one. The FCC did not investigate. Copper landline service is no longer maintained and is unusable.A visitor’s pacemaker failed on our tennis court but worked in our shielded home. My husband’s Inspire implant did not work at St. George Regional Hospital. Neighbors have reported cancers, heart attacks, and other illnesses they associate with the tower or meters. I do not claim proven causation; I ask HHS to investigate.Please support: updated non-ionizing exposure limits; independent pre- and post-market health testing; non-punitive analog/noncommunicating meters, including water; notice and health review before tower siting or 5G upgrades; wired phone and internet options; and low-EMF clinical accommodations.Rosemarie Russell, 854 W 3390 S, Hurricane, UT 84737
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.