AI summary & topic connections
Reports alopecia worsening after travel and perceived improvement after reducing RF exposure, while acknowledging multiple possible contributing conditions and environmental factors.
- Other concerns: “alopecia areata”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “router”
- Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “wired internet”
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “dirty electricity”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “Hashimoto”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I'm prone to hair loss from alopecia areata. About a year ago I realized that excess exposure to microwave radiation led to even more hair loss. The first time I noticed this was in June 2025 when I traveled from the UK |(where I live) to Europe. Partway through the 9 day holiday I noticed that I was losing more hair than usual when I washed it. This continued for some time after the holiday. I can't remember how long but maybe a couple of weeks. I don't know where exactly I was being exposed to the increased radiation but I'm guessing it was likely cumulative - in the airports, then maybe there was more RFR in the two places I stayed than I had at home.
Then in September 2025 I travelled from the UK to Holland for a few days. I was driven to Holland, stayed in a relative's house, then got the train home. I don't think the radiation exposure in the house was that bad. With the journey there I would have been in the car for 8 hours with the driver's phone, plus the EMFs from the car, and radiation from masts we passed. But I suspect that the majority of the exposure came from the 8 hour train journey home, being enclosed in train carriages for many hours, much of the time with lots of people around me, all of whom had at least one device, and most of whom were actively using them during the journey. The increased hair loss from this trip lasted for a few weeks afterwards.
Subsequently I reduced my exposure to RFR as much as possible. I already had had wired internet for a number of years. But unbeknownst to me the router (not positioned in a place where I spent a lot of time luckily) had been emitting RFR for an unspecified period of time, as it turned out that every time there was a problem with the router (which happened occasionally) it would revert to factory settings, which meant that it was then emitting RFR into the area around it. This could have been going on months or years I just don't know. So I corrected this, and for extra protection put the router in a faraday bag. I also significantly reduced my mobile phone use. And after a month or two, for the first time in a few years, I began to get some regrowth. This then stalled because other factors came into play which I'm still trying to get to the bottom of. For instance, I'm trying to ascertain whether 'dirty electricity' from home appliances, being in a car etc, has a negative effect on my hair or not. Aside from genetics, the contributory factors to the alopecia seem to be multifactorial, and may also include mould issues, the fact I have Hashimoto's, and the state of my digestion. But excess RFR exposure is certainly one significant factor.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.